|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The first and foremost main character of the game, Chrom is the Prince of the Halidom of Ylisse and a descendant of the Holy King who defeated the Evil Dragon Grima. Although royalty, he serves as Captain of the vigilante force to keep his country at peace, and when suspicious activity is happening in the enemy nation of Plegia, he decides to investigate. He wields his nation's treasured sword, the Binding Blade "Falchion".
- Accidental Pervert: In their B support, Chrom walks in on a female Avatar naked. She goes Tsundere at him.
- Battle Couple: Can be paired with Sumia, Maribelle, Sully, Olivia, or Female Avatar.
- Blade on a Stick: Upon promotion to Great Lord, he gains the ability to wield lances.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His starting Class exclusively uses swords and his signature weapon is the legendary sword, Falchion.
- The Hero
- The Hero Dies: Spoiler Opening
- Heroic Lineage: His family is known for being an descendant of Marth, an heroic king.
- Hot Dad: Of Lucina and the mother's children, who can be either: Morgan, Inigo, Kjelle, Brady or Cynthia.
- Mark of Naga: On his shoulder.
- Older and Wiser / Older Than They Look: Chrom most notably looks more like an adult than a teenager. He's actually 18 at the start of the game.
- Royal Rapier: He starts off with an rapier for an secondary weapon, which can only be used by Lords
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He leads and fights alongside an small army called The Shepherds, whose goal is to protect Ylisse from bandits and invaders.
- Screw Destiny: His first sample clip on the official site is him saying "I'm changing fate". Contrast Fauder's line.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: He appears to wear them after he promotes, though.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
The Avatar (default: Robin in the West, Reflet in Japan)
Another main hero of the game, whose identity and name (and some of their stats, though not their starting class) is crafted by the player. At the beginning of the game, Avatar is lying unconscious on the roadside, when they are rescued by Chrom's vigilante force. Despite losing their memory, The Avatar has great knowledge of fighting battles and serves as the vigilantes' tactician.
- Accidental Pervert: Inverted in a Female Avatar's A support with Chrom, where she walks in on a naked Chrom.
- Amnesiac Hero: Starts off with an bad case of amnesia, save for a weird dream of the future.
- Audience Surrogate: Obviously.
- Badass: Pretty much goes without speaking.
- Battle Couple: Can be paired with any playable unit of the opposite sex.
- Bifauxnen: A short-haired Female Avatar can look like this.
- Character Customization: The player can give them different body builds, hairstyles, hair colors, etc.
- Chick Magnet / Dude Magnet: The Avatar is confirmed to be able to hook up with ANY of the playable characters, provided their of the opposite gender. Save for Morgan.
- Demonic Possession: In the Spoiler Opening.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulu?: A Male one can hook up with Tiki, whose a Person of Mass Destruction that her mother Naga had to put her into Deep Sleep to prevent her from degenerating into madness like all the other dragons. Her power is so tremendous that if she goes wild, the world will be destroyed.
- It's also possible to pair them up with the Spotpass characters, including Gangrel and Valhart
- Jekyll Plays Hyde: In the main game
- Elemental Powers - Able to wield magic tomes
- Hero Without: Grima's
- Hello, Insert Name Here: The player can name them however they like. This gave place to a minor meme where players would give them all kinds of Punny or Unfortunate Names....
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The only melee weapon is able the wield as a Strategist are swords.
- Heroic Mime: Strangely enough, the Japanese players were given the option to make them one. This was removed in the Western one.
- Hot Dad or Hot Mom: Of Morgan. The Female Avatar can also be the mom of Lucina, whereas the Male one can be the father of near all the other future kids save for Lucina, depending on whether his wife has her own child or not (ie, if he marries Spotpass!Emmeryn they'll only have Morgan, while if he marries Lissa they'll have Morgan and Owain)
- Implied Love Interest: The Female Avatar is this, alongside Sumia, for Chrom. She is the only one of his five playable girlfriends who retains important to the plot and it's fairly easy to get her and Chrom married per accident.
- In the Hood: In some the CG cut scenes, no doubt due to the number of variations in his/her appearance presenting a logistical nightmare otherwise. In others, like what looks like the first one, things are shown from his/her perspective to avoid looking at him/her at all.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: In-universe! S/he can marry anyone of the opposite gender (save for Morgan, of couse)
- Magic Knight: Is able to wield swords and magic.
- Magikarp Power: S/he isn't a guaranteed Game Breaker like in the previous game. The Strategist class starts out with stats and growth rates slightly weaker than the Lord class. However, by branching into different classes will allow you to learn their class skills and equip them when you class change back. Plus, Tactician is a pretty powerful class in itself...
- Mark of the Beast: On the back of his/her hand. Yes, it is related to Grima
- Mission Control: His/her role within the army. S/he is however, also a certified Badass in combat.
- One-Man Army: Can potentially become this if you got the time. Robin has to the ability the class change into any non-exclusive class and learn their skills. With the right skill setups, you can one-shot enemies and dodge enemies like a bullet timer.
- Shock and Awe: Robin starts the game off with an Thunder tome. Other games tend to give him/her Thoron from the very start.
- The Strategist: Both their starting class and their role within the army. S/he's also a tactician though.
- This Loser Is You: Completely inverted. Not only does s/he have a special class and is the first true Magic Knight since Judgral, but he/she can also get paired with Chrom and Sumia and many others, and even have kids. Way to go, stud/hottie!
- Zettai Ryouiki: Female as a Grandmaster appears to have some.
A swordsman who claims to be the Hero King of ages long past. He wields another Falchion, a blade once thought to be unique, and appears during Chrom's hour of need...
She is actually Chrom's daughter from the future, and the reason she wears the mask is to hide the mark of Naga on her eye. The tropes here are more proper of her "Marth" identity; those she exhibits from Chapter 13 onwards (where she's revealed to be Chrom's child) will have their own section
- Action Girl: What she actually is
- Anti-Hero: Type 3 Is actually a type 2 once she stops impersonating Marth
- Char Clone
- Kid From the Future
- Luke, You Are My Father: She's the one who reveals her identity to Chrom and everyone else
- Mark of Naga : On her eye.
- Mysterious Protector: Of Emmeryn at first, and then of Chrom. Justified: in her timeline Emmeryn's assassination was the very beginning of the Bad Future, and was soon followed by Chrom's murder.
- The Other Darrin: In Japanese "Marth" is Yuu Kobayashi instead of Hikaru Midorikawa. This only makes the question of if "Marth" is the real deal or not all the more confusing. She ISN'T him, though to be fair she is one of his descendants.
- Samus Is a Girl
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Her and the other Children's
- Shrouded in Myth
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Dresses as an legendary prince to hide her true identity from her father as she tries to save the future.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Chrom's sister and the Princess of the Holy Kingdom of Ylisse. She is a member of Chrom's vigilante force and a staff-wielding Cleric. Although she appears to be naive of worldly goings-ons and sometimes acts like a spoiled princess, she is kind deep inside.
- Anime Hair: Her Girlish Pigtails are unnaturally fluffy.
- An Axe to Grind: Unbelieveably, she can be an axe-wielder if you promote her to War Cleric!
- Battle Ballgown: Her default outfit, which is the standard for Clerics.
- Bodyguard Crush: If paired with Lon'qu, who according to their supports was appointed as her personal protector.
- Hot Mom: Of Owain
- Mark of Naga: She has one, but no one knows where it is. Actually, she doesn't have it and that makes her fear that she's an illegitimate child. But Owain gets his mark from her.
- Nice Hat: Buttons.
- Spoiled Sweet: A bit bratty and prone to pranks, but very kind and sweet.
- White Mage / Staff Chick: The only thing she can do in her Cleric class is to heal her allies and teleport them with an staff.
A knight serving the Halidom of Ylisse. He supports Chrom as his deputy in the vigilante force. Calm and collected, Frederick prefers guiding others.
Class: Great Knight
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Wears a suit underneath his armor.
- Battle Butler: He occasionally acts like Chrom's personal manservant and he's more than capable of holding his own ground on the battlefield.
- Crutch Character: He hits hard with his Silver Lance in the first third ofthe game, but he suffers from low growth rates upon leveling up. Along with barely getting any experience points as he fights. For reference, the rest of the cast starts off on more or less equal footing with the current opposition and gain an modest amount of EXP and will eventually surpass this guy.
- Does Not Like Spam: It's established in an cutscene early on in the game that he dislikes eating wild animals because of their taste. And his Support Conversations with the male Avatar more or less fails to change this.
- First Love: Lissa's. If they marry, she'll lampshade it
- The Lancer: In addition to actually wielding an lance and being the lieutenant of Chrom's militia, his cautious personality is usually used as an foil to his captain's trusting nature
- Lightning Bruiser: Early on, he hits hard, has excellent mobility (unless you compare him to the fliers and other mounted units), usually hits twice, and is generally unkillable. But the Valmese are more or less on equal ground with him, though.
- The Mentor: His role in the Shepherd's hierarchy includes teaching his subordinates how to fight.
- Team Dad: In addition to training the Shepherds he can cook, clean house, etc. Lampshaded if he romances Sumia, as he tells her that he fell for her while watching over her clumsy attempts to help.
- Why Did it Have To Be Snakes?: He greatly fears big wild animals, because as a child he was attacked by a wild bear. As such, his supports with Panne are about him trying to get over such things.
A member of the vigilante force. She is a klutz and feels that she isn't up to the job because of it. Possesses the mysterious ability to understand the feelings of animals.
Class: Pegasus Knight
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivers a big one to Chrom, when he has a near meltdown after Emmeryn returns to Ylisse knowing that she will be captured by Gangrel.
- Battle Couple: With either Chrom, Frederick, the Male Avatar, Gaius or Henry.
- Blade on a Stick: She even gets Lancefaire as a Falcon Knight.
- Magic Knight: Gains tomes along with Lances if promoted to Dark Flier.
- Friend to All Living Things: She has a knack for getting along with near every single animal.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: She has a crappy self-esteem, and it's played rather seriously for such a klutzy young woman.
- Hot Mom: Of Cynthia.
- Innocent Flower Girl: She loves flowers and uses them for fortune telling.
- The Klutz: She's constantly tripping over something.
- Implied Love Interest: One of Chrom's, alongside the Female Avatar. Among his few girlfriends, she has the highest auto-marriage priority with him (Meaning if he's not married by Chapter 11 and two girls have equal supports with him, she takes precedence.)
- Opposites Attract: Henry is a Creepy Good Black Mage, Sumia is a gentle Dork Knight. He also happens to be one of the very few guys who can win her heart.
- On the other hand Gaius is a snarky, cynical Lovable Rogue. Again, he can ensnare Sumia's heart easily if the player wants him to.
- Plucky Girl: Sumia knows she's klutzy and ditzy, but she keeps trying no matter what.
An armoured knight who serves the vigilante force. He shoulders the vigilantes' defences, but is sorely lacking in presence and isn't noticed even among his fighting peers.
Class: Armor Knight
- Blade on a Stick: His starting class only uses lances.
- Butt Monkey: His first appearance in an issue of Famitsu was spent demonstrating different death quotes between classic and casual mode. Poor guy.
- The Generic Guy
- Gentle Giant: He's passive-aggressive about being forgotten, but other than that he's a genuinely kind man.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: His armor a certain value of "cool", but certainly "impossible". He says that it's a gift from the people of his very small and poor village, who were ecstatic to learn that he was able to get into the Shepherds and commisioned it for him. Even if they got his size wrong.
- Mighty Glacier: A bit slow but VERY strong.
- Spell My Name with an "S": For some reason, "Cullum" quickly became a widely circulated translation of his name after his existence was revealed. It isn't even a real name, nor does it match up particularly well with the katakana.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: If he marries, his children will never miss his presence. While this can be attributed to the dad supports being generic, the DLC stage "The Future Past" extends it to their personalized talks. i.e, if he fathers Kjelle, the one from that world will tell him how brave, strong and kind her father was, and how she shaped herself into a strong fighter to be just like him.
- Also, prospect girlfriends like Cordelia, Panne or Nowi will easily catch sights of him.
- Who Is This Guy Again?: He lacks presence so much, there a massive Running Gag about people literally being unable to see him. There's a reason for it: he used to be a cruel and selfish Bratty Half-Pint as a child, and his family and neighbors (save for his eldest brother) started ignoring him as punishment... and somehow, it stuck.
A swordsman from the Kingdom of Regna Ferox, located to the north of Ylisse. His skill with the sword is undeniable, but not so much with his skill with women. The reason for this is that his First Love was a young girl his age who was killed by bandits (and implied to have died to save him), so he developed gynophobia because of his inability to do anything to help her, always believing that any woman who gets close to him is bound to be killed.
- The Ace: The reason why he fights for Chrom is because he's technically an gift from Basilio in recognition of the new alliance between Regna Ferox and Ylisse and he's one of the best swordsmen Basilio has to offer.
- Bodyguard Crush: Lon'qu's supports with Lissa show that Chrom specifically tasked him with the protection of his Genki Girl younger sister. If the whole support chain is cleared, he will fall in love with her and she'll like him back.
- Broken Ace: Despite what has been said, he also turns out to have been deeply hurt in his past. So badly that, if he supports with Tharja, he actually asks her to give him amnesia so he won't have to deal with his trauma anymore.
- Cannot Talk to Women: He has an fear of women, due to not having been able to protect the girl who was both his First Love and Only Friend.. Which is why he prefers to isolate himself from them. Despite this, he can be paired with ladies as special as Lissa and Tharja.
- Cool Sword: He joins Chrom's militia armed with an Killing Edge, an sword that vaguely resembles an katana and has an high critical hit rate.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Subverted, Lon'qu may have difficulties to deal with ladies but he does NOT hate them at all. In fact, he gets rather annoyed when Lissa and Sully directly ask him if he hates women.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: The Drama CD's imply that, despite his fear of ladies, he's considered as very good-looking by them.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: He can also have a very, very dry wit.
- Wouldn't hit a Girl: In his Support Conversations with Sully, he initially refuses to spar with her on account of his past and the fact that she's an woman. She misinterprets his refusal as an insult and winds up dueling him as he goes easy on her.
A knight who serves Chrom's vigilante force. He has a gentle, trusting personality.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: The Blue Oni to Sully's Red.
- Jack of All Stats: In his Support Conversations with Miriel, they discover that he's perfectly average in just about everything he does when he's compared to everyone else.
- Name's the Same: With the Sol skill (not its Japanese name) in the original Japanese. Given that said skill is present in Awakening, the dude's name became Stahl. Ironically, he can't have the Sol skill since he doesn't have Hero as a reclass option!
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: the feminine boy to Sully's masculine girl.
- Nice Guy
A female knight who serves Chrom's vigilante force. She prizes combat and has a daring, strong-willed personality. Although she's an knight by birthright, she wants to prove herself rather than inherit the title.
- Action Girl: Personality-wise, she isn't one to just stay on the sidelines and do nothing. Especially if it doesn't contribute to her training. And this carries over to the story, where she doesn't waste an lot of time coming to Chrom's aid when the Risen appears.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: The Red Oni to Stahl's Blue.
- Bokukko: A young woman who talks like a guy. She's also the first ever female member of the Red Knight/Green Knight duo.
- Childhood Friend Romance: If she's romanced by Chrom.
- Fiery Redhead: Sully is Hot-Blooded to the max, and has red hair to match.
- Hot Mom: Of Kjelle
- Lethal Chef: As a part of her Femininity Failure.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: the masculine girl to Stahl's feminine boy.
- Sir Swearsalot: Fitting her tomboyish nature, she curses (or at the very least, the closest this game has to cursing) an lot more than anyone else in the game. She does it because she had three older brothers who had a hand in her raising.
- Tomboy: By her own admission, she prefers fighting and training over some of the more feminine hobbies that her peers have.
A member of the vigilante force. A methodical perfectionist, she is harsh towards those who act thoughtlessly.
- Black Mage: Her starting class exclusively uses offensive magic.
- Magic Knight: If promoted to a Dark Knight.
- Expy: Some fans think of her as a young!Mcgonagall.
- For Science: Her Support Conversations usually involves her working on an experiment or researching whomever she's talking to.
- Hot Mom: Of Laurent.
- Nice Hat
- Robe and Wizard Hat
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: She mainly talks in an scientific manner. In fact, it's at the point to where some of the characters have trouble understanding what's she's saying.
- The Stoic: She doesn't really emote much, aside from being mildly irritated or curious. Even her Love Confessions have her talking far more calmly than near all the other women.
A fighter who serves the vigilante force. He is Chrom's childhood friend and the two sort of have a bond between them.
- An Axe to Grind: As an Fighter, his only weapon is an axe. Even if you use an Master Seal on him, he remains an axe-wielder with the ability to use another weapon.
- Boisterous Bruiser: He loves fighting. Really loves it.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Determinator: No matter how many training sessions he loses, he's always ready to give it another go.
- The Load: Briefly. He forgot to bring his axe with him in the first level he's available in. And despite Frederick being the only other member on the team who's capable of using an axe, nobody happens to have an spare one lying around. So, he's sidelined for an turn or two until Miriel joins the battle after finding his axe and then hands it to him.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Played straight with his portrait, but zig-zags depending on his promotion route.
The youngest member of the vigilante force, he's practically their mascot. He acts and speaks like a child, but dislikes being treated as one. He's fond of Chrom.
- Black Mage
- Magic Knight: If promoted to a Dark Knight.
- Child Prodigy: He's around 13-14, and yet he's a promising mage already.
- Impoverished Patrician: He comes from a noble family that has lost a lot of their wealth and influence. One of his motivations is to restore their honor.
- Likes Older Women: Save for Lissa, a young Female Avatar and maybe Maribelle, all his brides are older than him.
- Nice Hat
- Robe and Wizard Hat
- Tag Along Kid: Can be considered as this for the Shepherds. He... doesn't like that.
A member of the vigilante force and Lissa's best friend. She is the child of an influential noble family within Iris. She acts proud and domineering, but is sweet to her friends.
- Childhood Friend Romance: If she's romanced by Chrom, the older brother of her best friend.
- Expy: Seems to be one to Clarine
- Hair of Gold: A kinda stuck up but very good-hearted girl.
- Hot Mom: Of Brady
- Lonely Rich Kid: She's incredibly devoted to Lissa (and by association, Chrom) because it's thanks to her that she stopped being this.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: She's sophisticated, proud, a bit high-manteinance, and a loyal and kind ally when it's needed.
- Parasol of Prettiness
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Lissa, and how.
- White Magician Girl / Staff Chick
- Magic Knight: If promoted to a Battle Cleric.
A beast warrior not tied to any kingdom. The last surviving member of the Taguel, a race able to shape-shift into rabbits. A cool woman with a strong sense of duty.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She joins the Shepherds as thanks to Emmeryn's kindness.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She's skittish and cold, and refers to humans as "man spawn", but warms up to them little by little.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Not like she needs them, being a shapeshifter.
- Hot Mom: Of Yarne
- Killer Rabbit: Quite literally so.
- Last of Her Kind: The Taguel have always been hated and persecuted, so she and Yarne are the last ones around.
- Meaningful Name / Stealth Pun: Of The Velveteen Rabbit.
- Ms. Fanservice: She wears a mix of Breast Plate and Fur Bikini... and near nothing else.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter
The Duke of Rosanne, a small nation in Valm. While he acts friendly, his words and actions make his grace and refinement somewhat clear.
- The Archer
- Chivalrous Pervert: He flirts around a lot, and according to Cherche he also sleeps around quite a bit, but he has pretty high standards about how women must be treated and would never EVER force anything on them.
- Expy: He looks quite similar to Miles Edgeworth.
- Fan Nickname: Edgy, for the above reason.
- Fallen Prince: In the second part of the game, Rosanne is taken over by Walhart and his troops. This forces him and his retainer Cherche to seek refuge with the Ylisseans.
- Ladykiller in Love: If paired up.
- Princely Young Man: Of the Nice Guy kind.
- Pyrrhic Victory: The reason why, despite being a skilled tactician, he never tries to take 's role. He gets too many of his men killed achieving any specific objective, as opposed to (And likely the players) reluctance to sacrifice so ch as a single unit.
A member of Ylisse's Pegasus squad. A close friend of Sumia since their childhood, she's a genius who carries out most tasks flawlessly. She hides feelings towards Chrom.
Class: Pegasus Knight
- The Ace: Is there something that Cordelia ISN'T good at? She can fight wonderfully, she also cooks really well, plays the harp skillfully, has lots of leadership skills...
- A-Cup Angst: Comes up in her supports and her DLC talks with Tharja.
- All Love Is Unrequited: This is actually enforced as it is totally impossible to pair her up with her crush, Chrom, leading to any man who course her being her Second Love
- Blade on a Stick
- Magic Knight: Upon promotion to Dark Flier.
- Broken Ace: Cordelia actually has low-self esteem and does NOT like being treated like a genius or a heroine. She also was bullied a lot due being a Golden Girl of sorts among Pegasus Knights. Then all of her squadmates were killed, AND all of them (even her bullies) did their best to ensure her survival; when she shows up after that, she's in the middle of an Heroic BSOD over it.
- Fiery Redhead: Nope, she's pretty calm and a bit of a Team Mom
- Hot Mom: Of Severa
- Unrequited Tragic Maiden: Of Chrom, unless she marries.
A villager from Ylisse, and a common young man who likes plowing fields. He'll join the Shepherds if they help him liberate his village and he gains at least one level during the stage itself. Because he's never gone outside his village, he's interested in many things.
- Blade on a Stick
- Weirdly, His class change options are Mercenary and Fighter, making his promoted options Hero, Warrior, and Bow Knight and none of those weapons have lances as an option, meaning he has to discard his lance rank altogether.
- Cooking Pot Helmet
- Joke Item: Seen fighting with a Wooden Stick. Really. (Looks more like a log.)
- Likes Older Women: Again, unless he marries Lissa or Maribelle or a young!Female Avatar.
- Magikarp Power: He has pitiful starting stats but comes with the Aptitude skill, which increases ALL of his growth rates by 20% with no penalty.
- Memetic Outfit: Donny's pot-hat is quite popular among photoshoppers.
The princess of a small nation in Valm, Chon'sin. She seems different from the Ylissean and has an old-fashioned look. She adored her brother Yen'fay, but is currently his enemy for some reason. He gave himself and Chon'sin up in exchange for her life and safety.
- Action Girl
- Badass in Distress: When she appears, she's on the run from Walhart's troops and doesn't have a sword at hand. Still, she becomes use-able as soon as the player has Chrom talk to her so one can have her grab a sword from the Convoy and she'll be ready to go.
- Badass Princess
- Cool Sword
- Hot Mom: Only if paired with a Male Avatar.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Tall, willowy, a Lady of War, softspoken, traditional...
A thief living in Ylisse. Calm, composed and able, he'll basically do any job if the price is right. Loves free sweets and has candies hidden all over his body.
- Cool Sword
- Fiery Redhead: Averted, he's coolheaded and snarky instead.
- Everyone has Standards: He would rob anyone, but he won't kill innocents. In fact, he was hired by Validar to break into the Ylisstol Palace, but was horrified when he learned that the actual mission of the group was to assassinate Emmeryn.
- Hurricane of Puns: All of his Japanese battle quotes use the word, "amai." This word means both sweet (as in taste, since he loves candy) and also describes someone who isn't trying very hard (so, it's used a lot in taunts which mean something like "Is that all?" or "You should've tried harder!").
- It's not AS present in the Western versions, but still there.
- Life Drain: He can potentially get the Sol skill.
- Knight in Sour Armor: He is cynical, snarky, very aware of how dark the world can be... but he still has a kind heart underneath.
- The Nicknamer: In the Western version, he calls almost everyone by nicknames: Blue (Chrom), Bubbles (Avatar), Princess (Lissa), Stumbles (Sumia), etc.
- One-Hit Kill: Can learn Lethality.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: If paired with people like Lissa, Nowi, and especially Sumia.
- Sweet Tooth: Up to Eleven. This man is OBSESSED with candy and any sweets. In fact, a bag of candy that Chrom dropped in front of him was vital in his recruitment!
A sorceress from Plegia. She doesn't really care about the feud between Plegia and Ylisse and is often chanting suspicious curses when she's alone.
Class: Dark Mage
- Abusive Parents: Zig-zagged in the Bad Future. She's said to have become extremely unhinged later in life and especially after her husband died, using Noire as her test subject for her curses (and neglecting Morgan if she's her mother)... but when Noire was in direct danger, she immediately chose her daughter's life over her own. The present Tharja is starting to show similar red flags, but it's implied in Noire's ending that she eventually drops it altogether.
- Black Magician Girl
- Blood Knight: She laughs when using her skill or getting a Critical.
- Curse: As her description states, she enjoys practicing these when left to her own devices.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's a huge jerk, she can be even quite cruel to people sometimes... and yet she isn't devoid of a heart.
- Everyone Has Standards: For all of her jerkassery, she despises Gangrel and considers him unfit for ruling. Which is why she wants to get the Hell away from him and his troops.
- Hot Mom: Of Noire.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Surprisingly. Her outfit may be Stripperiffic, but she wore it mostly because it's the standard for Dark Mages. In her portrait, she's seen awkwardly covering herself with her arms and her spell book.
- Stalker with a Crush: Her relationship with the Avatar, whether male or female. Even if a Male one marries her, she keeps some elements of this with him.
- Stripperiffic: Her outfit doesn't leave lots to the imagination, though her portrait happens to have her tome and arms blocking most of her outfit.
- Yandere: Both her Japanese and her Western confessions to the Male Avatar have her threatening him if he betrays her feelings. Of course, this made her a Fetish Fuel Station Attendant to many fans not just guys either.
A rather young looking dragon girl.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother/Hot Mom: Of Nah. YMMV on both tropes though.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Has more than a few elements of this.
- Genki Girl: Treated more realistically than usual. Nowi is quite aware of how she'll outlive anyone she loves with the exception of a half-dragon child of hers (like Nah or a Female Morgan mothered by her), but she decides to live her life at the fullest anyway so she won't lose time mourning.
- Hair of Gold
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: With the aid of a Dragonstone she can take on her Dragon form, allowing her to beat the crap out of most enemies with ease.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: As shown in her supports with Nah, she's not as naive as she seems.
- Really 700 Years Old: She is a dragon after all.
A Mercenary that shows up with Nowi
- Chivalrous Pervert: He often teases the girls he can support with, but never forces them into anything and always tries to help them when they need it.
- Cool Old Guy: The closest to this in the Army.
- Cool Sword
- Due to the Dead: The reason why he talks in the third person is because his brother died an tragic death and he doesn't want his legacy to be forgotten, so he took up his brother's name.
- Fiery Redhead: Boisterous Bruiser version
- Old Soldier: He's old enough to be Chrom's uncle, and seems to be in either his 40's or maybe even close to his 50's, but he doesn't let his age stop him from being an mercenary. In fact, his age only contributes to his skill with an sword; which he notably uses to best the muck younger and also quite skilled Lon'qu in an duel.
- Third Person Person: He's prone to saying stuff like,"Gregor is on job!"
- You no take Candle: Part of the reason why his grammar is weird is because he isn't from Ylisse or Plegia.
A priest who's... kinda become infamous among fans. He's a member of the Ylissean clergy with an unearthly beauty and a kind, but wounded heart.
Class: War Monk
- An Axe to Grind: Like Lissa, he can use Axes as a War Monk
- Dark and Troubled Past: Expanded in his and Tharja's support conversations. As a young boy he used to attract spirits, which terrified his parents to the point that they abandoned him. He spend quite some time as a Street Urchin until he was taken in by the clergy.
- Dropped a Bridget On Him: On Virion in a support conversation.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: And sounds like one too!
- Expy: An androgynous Monk who is often mistaken for a girl? Now where have I heard that before... But this time it's even more convincing due to the addition of voice acting.
- Even the Guys Want Him / Stupid Sexy Flanders: Even after he tells Virion he's a man, Virion continues to flatter him for his looks and tells Libra he's "like a rose". Libra thinks he's funny, but Virion has to remind himself that Libra's still a dude.
- In his solo ending, it's said that both women AND men proposed to him.
- Hair of Gold
- Magic Knight
- Orphanage of Love: He builds one whether he marries or not.
- Sexy Priest: And how
- Sole Survivor: He shows up with a bunch of fellow War Monks to try rescuing Emmeryn from Gangrel, and all of them but him are killed. And if the player doesn't act fast, he may also be slaughtered.
- Vocal Dissonance: As mentioned above, he has a very feminine voice.
The mysterious traveling merchant. As one would expect from a merchant, she's friendly and polite. She loves gold and rich customers. She's actually one among many Anna's in the game that inculdes her, Otherworld guide Anna and traveling merchant Anna.
Tropes about Awakening Anna go here section while tropes about Anna generally go on the general Fire Emblem characters section.
- Christmas Cake
- Derailing Love Interests: Averted. She's a romance option for The Avatar, which led some to believe Jake would be getting this. (or worse) As it turns out, this is a different Anna, aka one of the MANY sisters of the original ones, so it's fine.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: Done unsuccessfully in her support conversation with Tiki. She tries to use people's worship of the "Divine Dragon Priestess" and said dragon's innocent nature in get rich quick schemes... and almost gets eaten once Tiki figures it out. She would have gotten away with it if she had kept her mouth shut.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She has a miniature teddy bear attached to the hilt of her sword.
- Magic Knight
- Memetic Hand Gesture: Resting her index finger on her face, like her sisters.
- Money, Dear Boy: She loves money above all else. Even when she confesses to she'll mention how he'll be number two to gold and money
- Plucky Girl
- Staff Chick
- Trickster Archetype
- You Gotta Have Red Hair
A dancer from Regna Ferox, and the ward of Khan Basilio. She dreams of opening her own theatre.
- Birds of a Feather: Claims to be this with Lon'qu, since both of them are awkward as Hell with people.
- Surprisingly, she and Chrom play it straight in their supports.
- The Chick: The biggest example among the first generation girls.
- Cool Sword: She uses swords as her weapon. Her high Skill will also help out to give 'em a good use.
- Happily Adopted: She is the closest to a princess that Regna Ferox has, as the adoptive daughter of Khan Basilio.
- Hot Mom: Of Inigo
- Last Girl Wins: If paired with Chrom, since she can marry him right in the chapter when she appears. It's not as hard as it sounds, however: as long as the player hasn't unlocked Chrom's other romantic supports, it's possible to pair them up with a bit of work and patience.
- Stripperiffic: She seems to be wearing scarves and a leotard.
- Shrinking Violet: She's extremely shy and awkward when she's not dancing, leading her to either shrink away from people or yell at them if she's too anxious.
- Sweet Tooth: She loves, loves, LOOOOVES sweets. ie. she's the beta tester for Gaius' pastries, and when Kellam brings her honey she makes rock candy with it.
- Weak but Skilled: She's NOT a frontline fighter, logically, but as said above she has nice Skill growths that will help her get Critical Hits frequently. Plus she's unvaluable in the battlefield thanks to her Magic Dance.
A beautiful, serious Dragon Rider who used to serve Virion's family. She follows him willingly when Rosanne falls and he seeks help with the Ylisseans.
- An Axe to Grind
- Bodyguard Crush: If paired with her ex-boss, Virion
- Birds of a Feather: With Frederick.
- Christmas Cake: She's in her 20's and still unmarried, apparently because her Wyvern Minerva scares off many suitors. She's not too happy about it, logically.
- Dragon Rider: In her case it's even more noticeable because her mount, Minerva, is EXTREMELY hard to deal with. And yet she does it flawlessly.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted, she's a redhead but very calm and tends to go for Dissonant Serenity when angry.
- Hot Mom: Of Gerome
- Ninja Maid: She used to work as a housekeeper for the Rosanne royalty, mixing it with her fighting skills. Outside the battlefield she's a very good homemaker.
- Servile Snarker: She can talk back pretty well to Virion, and knows him better than anyone else does.
Another Dark Mage hailing from Plegia. he joins Chrom's army because they get in lots of fights.
Class: Dark Mage
- Boarding School of Horrors: Where he learned magic, in the Western versions. Implied to be why he turned out so... unhinged.
- Blood Knight: He joins Chrom because he loves war.
- Curse: His supports with Sumia indicate that he's also a practitioner. The only one who rivals him in this is the other DM in the cast, Tharja.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Henry was badly neglected by his parents and townspeople, and his first actual friend was a wolf. However, said wolf was killed off in front of him, and that brought his Black Mage powers to the surface...
- Dark Is Bad: While not actually evil, Henry is more malicious then the other main characters. But he seems to be oblivious to this, due to his... tragic past
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Non-villanious example, he joins because he somehow knows he'll be able to fight more if he's with Chrom's party than with Plegia.
- Dissonant Serenity: It takes a special kind of insanity to be smiling whilst telling the person you hope includes you in his army that if he doesn't want you he can just kill you on the spot.
- Eyes Always Shut: Even during his Confession! He's like Oscar that way.
- Nice Guy: Surprisingly, he can be this! He's mostly "bad" because his past gave him a Blue and Orange Morality, but he does like helping people even if his methods are,.. less than ideal.
- Orphanage of Fear: Was raised in one in the Japanese version. Again, implied to be why he turned out so... unhinged.
- The Pollyanna: Revealed in supports.
- Stepford Smiler: Again, revealed in support conversations.
- The Unexpected: Would you believe Henry can reclass into a bandit? This is most likely due to his Blood Knight nature, its certainly not his build.
A divine dragon from the era of legends. She is revered as the "Divine Dragon Priestess" in Valm. Although usually calm, her "little girl" side slips out on rare occasions.
For Tiki's tropes, see her section here.
The Western Khan of the militant nation of Regna Ferox, he respects those with valour. He often acts and speaks in a silly way, but possesses the strength befitting of his position.
- An Axe to Grind
- Bald Black Leader Guy
- Big Guy Fatality Syndrome
- Disney Death: The revelation that he survived sets up another person's survival...
- Eleventh-Hour Ranger
- Eyepatch of Power
- Hot Dad: Only if paired with Female Avatar.
- Parental Substitute: For Olivia, whom he adopted after fighting off a nobleman who wanted to force her to be his mistress. He's also implied to be this for his champion, Lon'qu, who came to Regna Ferox alone when he was very young.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Seems to be one.
- The Rival: To Flavia.
- Platonic Life Partners: Also to Flavia.
Basilio's counterpart, the Eastern Khan of Ferox. A brave, heroic and strong-minded woman. She and Basilio are rivals.
- Cool Sword
- Dark-Skinned Blond: She looks to be actually black.
- Eleventh-Hour Ranger
- Hot Mom: Only if paired with a male Avatar.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- The Rival: To Basilio.
The leader of the Second Generation, plus Chrom's daughter - whom he can father with either: the Female Avatar, Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, Olivia, or a nameless Village Maiden if he doesn't get paired up in-game. A beautiful girl with a flawless swordmanship.
And yeah, she was the person masquerading as "Marth" in the first half of the game. Her "Marth" tropes are above.
- Adorkable: Surprisingly, yes!
- Childhood Friends: With the rest of the Children.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With all her beaus, save for the Male Avatar.
- The Comically Serious: This young lady takes everything very, very, VERY seriously. (Very)
- Cry Cute: A teary reunion with her father.
- Heroic BSOD: Goes into one when the main game catches up with the interlude.
- Plucky Girl: Indeed!
- Promotion to Parent: If she has a sibling, she's implied to have had this towards them.
- Team Mom: As the older of the Children and their leader.
Lissa's son, He has a habit of speaking in an overly theatrical fashion that some people find tiresome to deal with.
- Cool Sword: He's a pretty skilled swordsman, and he wants to find a certain sword in his Paralogue.
- Hot-Blooded: As HELL.
- Kissing Cousins: Possible if paired with Lucina or a Chrom-fathered Kjelle or Cynthia
- Large Ham: he tends to be very overly-dramatic to the point other characters find him annoying.
Olivia's son, He flirts with every woman he happens to meet on his journey.
- Cool Sword:He comes with a Killing Edge when recruited.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He tries to be this. Keyword being, "tries".
- Facial Markings: Of sorts. If Chrom is his father, he has the Mark of Naga in one of his eyes.
- Shrinking Violet: He's actually quite awkward at times.
The son of Maribelle. Acts like a delinquent, but really does care for his comrades on the battlefield.
- Gonk / Face of a Thug: Has the prominent brow typically used for thuggish bad guys. However Brady is actually a pretty chill dude.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He really, really, REALLY hates that he isn't able to fight from the very start.
- Japanese Delinquents: Looks and acts like one
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Less of an actual jerk, and more of a rather awkward guy with his heart in the right place.
- White Magician Boy: Despite his scary appearance.
Sully's daughter, She seems just as tomboyish (if not more so) as her mother.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: She does NOT like the idea of being bested by guys, and if a dude wants to romance her... well, he better be ready to be as strong as she is.
- Blade on a Stick
- Lethal Chef: As much as her mother.
- Tomboy: The most overt example among the younger girls.
The daughter of Sumia. Is very cheerful and energetic.
Class: Pegasus Knight
- Blade on a Stick
- Magic Knight: If promoted to Dark Flier.
- Genki Girl: Very, very much.
- Naive Everygirl: In her Paralogue, she's easily tricked by the boss into joining his cause. She admits how gullible she is when the mistake gets rectified.
The daughter of Cordelia she is cold and harsh to the public; however, she has a soft side.
- Always Someone Better: She was always in the shadow of her Broken Ace of a mother, and she's not too happy about it even now.
- Cool Sword
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Noire
- Tsundere: Type A, super snippy and cold to people unless they can see her sweet side clearer.
The son of Cherche, he wears a mask near all the time but does take it off at times.
Class: Dragon Knight
- An Axe to Grind
- Black Knight: His armor, clothes and mask are all in black.
- Broken Ace: On one hand he's implied to be the strongest fighter among the children, plus he's good at near everything he does (animal taming, sewing, armor/mask making, etc.). On the other he's deeply cynical, awkward, and among those who took the deaths of their parents the worst.
- Char Clone: Even more so that "Marth"! It's even possible to get him with blonde hair...
- Cool Mask: Unlike "Marth" (whose mask he made) he has no real reason to wear one. It's implied to be due to his No Social Skills, though.
- The Stoic: Tries to be this. It fails more often than not.
The Avatar's son or daughter, they are always the opposite gender to The Avatar. They dream of becoming a strategist
Class: Same as other parent, Strategist if other parent was Lord, Dancer, or Overlord
- Chick Magnet / Dude Magnet: Notable in that they sometimes perform romantic gestures before the S support.
- Cloudcuckoolander: At times, he/she lacks common sense.
- Daddy's Girl / Momma's Boy: Very, very, VERY attached to the Avatar, even when they also love their other parent (and their sibling, if they have one). Frighteningly invoked in a DLC stage, where they're still attached to the Avatar even after s/he has become Grima
- Easy Amnesia
- Genki Girl: If Female
- Keet: A borderline example, if Male
- Motor Mouth: At times, especially Female Morgan
The son of Panne. He is a bit of a coward due to the pressure of being the last surviving Taguel in the future.
- Cowardly Lion: Justified, as Panne died young in his timeline leaving him the last Taguel alive there.
- Last of His Kind: Which has left him traumatized.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter
The son of Miriel. He is cold and callous ch like his mother, but has a soft side to him as well.
- Black Mage
- Nice Hat
- Robe and Wizard Hat
- The Stoic: Tries to be this. It doesn't work as well as in Miriel's case.
- Time Travel: Like the others, but with a twist: he arrived to the past earlier than he was supposed to, which greatly traumatized him.. When he explains this to his father, he breaks down sobbing.
The daughter of Tharja. Is slightly shy, but ready to protect people with her bow at the slightest provocation.
- Abusive Parents: The Future Tharja was, simply put, way too screwed up in the head to be a decent parent to her (and potentially, Morgan). The one from the present is starting to show similar red flags, and Noire's supports with her have the girl confronting her future mother on such things so she will get her to stop before things go downhill between the two.
- A-Cup Angst: Subverted, actually. She worries in some supports about not being too busty, but following her artwork and her game model, she's actually VERY well-stacked.
- The Archer
- Cowardly Lion: Noire is maybe the frailest of the future children, but she clearly knows that she can't afford to run away and thus she doesn't back off from fighting.
- Ill Girl: She's anemiac and prone to be out of breath in her supports.
- Morality Pet: Is the one person whom Severa is never mean to.
- Split Personality: The girl can go from a Shrinking Violet to a screaming Large Ham. It's because of the trauma she went through in the Bad Future plus being experimented on by her maddened mother.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Her supports with her mother has her seeking approval from her, as Tharja in the future was very cold towards Noire.
- Yandere: Inherited a bit of this from her mother, as her S Support with Inigo has her shooting arrows at him to "protect him from other unwanted ladies". Subverted, she's implied to have faked it to teach Inigo a lesson about dating girls who could rob him.
The daughter of Nowi. She is a manakete as well, but acts more mature than her mother.
- Berserk Button: She does NOT like it when someone treats her like a child.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Nah was raised by a neglectful foster family after Nowi and her husband's deaths and before joining her friends.
- Little Miss Snarker: She has low tolerance for fools in general, and can be a Tiny Tyrannical Girl when at her worst.
- Self Proclaimed Love Interest: To Inigo, and to a smaller degree Brady.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her katakana can be confused for 'Soso'. Many called her that until it was realised that 'Nn' was the name that's strangely intended. Which is why the non-Japanese versions renamed her "Nah".
- Voluntary Shapeshifter
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: With Nowi, natch.
- Who Names Their Kid 'Nn'/Nah?
Chrom and Lissa's elder sister, the current ruler and Exalt of Ylisse. She is said to be a peace-loving and kind-hearted queen.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: If she's recruited via Spot-Pass, the injuries she suffered in her attempted Heroic Suicide have left her with this.
- Heroic Suicide: Kills herself by jumping off a cliff to prevent Gangrel from obtaining the Fire Emblem. She actually survives, and can be recruited in Spot-Pass, but has amnesia as a consequence of her injuries.
- Secret Character: Can be recruited via Spot-Pass.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She rules Ylisse very well.
- She Is the King: As ruler of the Halidom of Ylisse, in Japanese she holds the title of "Holy King". Which is translated as the Exalt in the West.
The king of Plegia. Cruel and easily distracted, he takes delight in deceiving others.
- The Atoner: Has this vibe going on for his supports with the Avatar, regretting his days as a foul king.
- Ax Crazy
- The Caligula
- Disk One Final Boss
- Magic Knight
- Secret Character: You can get him to join you in Sidequest 18, unlocked via Spot Pass. The Avatar can support with him, and female can even marry him!
- The Unexpected
Gangrel's subordinate. A well-endowed, sensual and beautiful woman with a mysterious past. Seducing men and leading them to ruin is her forte, or so it seems: she's also a very capable, powerful fighter.
Class: Dark Flier
- Absolute Cleavage: Takes the title of "most visible cleavage in the series" away from Sonia. That's sayin' something.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Revealed in her Paralogue, which takes places after Validar's defeat. She once was a simple girl with huge magical powers, but Validar killed her family and friends and then brainwashed her into believing that he had saved her from destitution.
- The Dragon: To Gangrel, most likely. To Validar later on. Finally, to the deal Validar and to Grima itself - how the heck does she survive that long?
- Evil Is Sexy
- Lady Not-Appearing-In-This-Game: Played with. By appearing on the cover of the manual, she pretty much serves this role... except that she does appear in the game, and in a pretty significant role at that.
- Magic Knight: One uses dark magic.
- Unique Enemy: A Dark Flier who wields Dark Magic, thans to her unique Shadowgift ability. Which she can pass on to Female Morgan, if she's recruited AND marries a Male Avatar.
- Undying Loyalty: To Validar, whom she believes to be her savior.
The emperor of the Valm Empire. A conqueror who dominated the Continent of Valm by force. He hates losing and turning his back to an enemy above all things. While he holds down his opposition by force, he has the charisma needed to lead a country.
- An Axe to Grind: Has a unique one called the "Wolfberg".
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Is Level 25 when you meet him.
- A Father to His Men: He is a charismatic ruler.
- Badass Grandpa: Well, he did conquer an entire continent.
- Big Red Devil: His armor and helmet give off this image.
- Cool Horse: Its huge to hold up a huge man.
- Secret Character
- Social Darwinist: He is one as revealed in his supports with a female Avatar, which makes him rather melancholy as he knows at that point, losing to Chrom's forces three times no longer makes him qualify as what he dubs "strong" anymore. Eventually, she talks him out of it.
- Tin Tyrant
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wants to unite Valm to go against Grima. He could've done it without being a tyrant, though.
A Swordmaster from Chon'sin He is Say'ri brother and the former King of Chon'sin, who chose joining Walhart than having his sister killed.
- Cool Sword
- Eyes Always Shut
- Secret Character: Though in a variation, this Yen'Fay comes from the Bad Future and not the one from the game.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy
A leader of some barbarians likely to be from Plegia.
- An Axe to Grind
- Bandit Mook
- Gonk: Not as much as some of other bandits in the series but he still fits.
- Rape, Pillage and Burn
A warlock who wields dark magic. He is the leader of the Evil Dragon-worshipping Grima Cult. And the Avatar's biological father.
- Dark Is Evil
- Evil Sorceror
- Luke, I Am Your Father: To The Avatar.
- Obviously Evil
- Warp Boss: In the interlude.
- You Can't Fight Fate: Pretty much quotes this word-for-word in one of his sample (Japanese) dialogues in the official site. Contrast with Chrom, who's first sample clip roughly translates as "I'm changing fate".