|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Streetpass Quest, referred to within the menu as "Find Mii", is a light RPG-ish game built into the 3DS. Your main Mii has been captured, and so you must venture out to rescue him or her by recruiting people from Street Pass or hiring warriors with Play Coins.
The December 2011 update included a sequel to Streetpass Quest, where you can use Play Coins to recruit previous Miis you've encountered via Streetpass.
Tropes can be found here:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: The primary reward you get for completing certain rooms is hats for your Mii to wear in the Mii Plaza and others to see when they obtain your Mii via Street Pass.
- Big Bad: The Ultimate Ghost in the first game and The Dark Lord in the sequel.
- Combination Attack: An addition in the sequel.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: In Streetpass Quest 2, Ultimate Ghost will only use its rain attack if you try use magic on your Miis without getting rid of its Level Down gas first.
- Disc One Final Boss: Armored Fiend in the first game and the Ultimate Ghost in the in the sequel.
- Elemental Powers: The Miis will have a certain power depending on their shirt color.
- Casting a Shadow: Black Miis darkens rooms.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Yellow Miis creates sandstorms.
- An Ice Person: Light-blue Miis freezes enemies.
- Light'Em Up: White Miis illuminates dark rooms.
- Making a Splash: Blue Miis cast water spells.
- Playing with Fire: Red Miis casts fire spells.
- Poisonous Person: Purple Miis poison enemies.
- Useless Useful Spell: Brown Miis summon a Wandering Hero. Since Wandering Heroes are capped at level 2, and only half the time, it's useless except for shooting the moon against colored shields.
- Not entirely useless - if you have a level 1 brown Mii (either your first time meeting someone, or bad luck hiring a wandering hero), you've got a decent chance of the wandering hero he summons being level 2!
- The last four colors are listed under Standard Status Effects and Status Buff, below.
- Extended Gameplay: The Secret Quest has more areas, new enemies and a different Final boss.
- Final Boss: The easiest way to know the Final Boss in this game is to see if it is holding your Mii.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In Streetpass Quest 2 Ultimate Ghost's rain debuff will screw you over if you try to buff your miis without eliminating it's level down gas first.
- Giant Space Flea From Nowhere: Ultimate Ghost in the 1st game and the Dark Lord/Emperor in the 2nd game.
- Metal Slime: The Green slime can dodge your attacks, but only has 3 HP.
- New Game+: You have to complete the game more then once to get all the hats.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Your Miis will leave when the enemy scares them away, or when they cast a spell.
- Last Chance Hit Point: Killing an enemy with a sword attack will prevent the monsters from attacking, giving that Mii another turn.
- Palette Swap: Some of the enemies you can fight in the 2nd game are this trope; the Dark Emperor, who you can fight in the Secret Quest is a dark green version of the Dark Lord.
- Standard Status Effects: Light Green Miis and Light Blue Miis put enemies to sleep or freeze them respectively. The Dark Lord/Emperor is immune to these.
- Status Buff: Dark Green Miis' spells doubles the next hero's level, Orange Miis give others an extra attack, and Pink Miis increase the next Mii's chance for a critical hit.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: The Darklight shield, which can only be broken by a Black and White Miis' Combination Attack.