The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Casting Gag:
- The voice actress for Mog in both Japanese and English (Sumire Morohoshi and Ariel Winter, respectively) shares the voice for characters in other Square Enix works: Marlene Wallace and young Kairi, who are also cute, small characters.
- On a related note, Ariel Winter also voices Gretchen from Phineas and Ferb. It would have made things if Mog and Hope interacted with each other.
- Captain Cryptic is voiced by Dave Wittenberg (aka, Kefka Palazzo) in the English version, which makes his quiz question regarding Terra Branford extremely hilarious with that knowledge.
- Downloadable Content
- Serah's Costumes:
- Noel's Costumes:
- Mog's Costumes:
- A Wonderous Wardrobe
- Weapons: (Can be obtained from Chocolina's shop for 0 gill once purchased. Improved versions of these weapons become available throughout the game once you buy them.)
- Serah's Weapons:
- Noel's Weapons:
- Colosseum Battles (Bosses here can be recruited as Feral Link monsters when beaten):
- Omega (Role: Commando, Feral Link: Wave Canon)
- Lightning (Role: Ravager, Feral Link: Army of One) and Lt. Amodar (Role: Commando, Feral Link: Iron Bear Claw)
- Jihl Nabaat (Role: Saboteur, Feral Link: Sadistic Surge)
- Ultros (Role: Synergist, Feral Link: Octopus Ink) and Typhon (Role: Commando, Feral Link: Snort)
- PuPu (Role: Medic, Feral Link: Items Please!)
- Gilgamesh (Role: Commando, Feral Link: Divider)
- Additional story content:
- "Heads or Tails" (Sazh's story) -- Explains Sazh's sudden disappearance and his attempt in finding Dajh through the power of fortune. Adds Sazh (Role: Synergest, Feral Link: Cold Blood) as a party member when cleared. Also unlocks two new Serendipity card minigames, Chrono Bind and Serendipity Poker.
- "Snow: Perpetual Battlefield" (Snow's story)
- "Requiem of the Goddess" (Lightning's story) -- Story segment shown through Lightning's point of view as she struggles against Caius. Adds Valkyrie Lightning (Role: Commando, Feral Link: Legion of One) as a party member when the battle is cleared with five stars.
- Mythology Gag:
- The Myth Arc concerning the birth of the fal'Cie, directly parallels the story of Noah and his disciples in Final Fantasy III. Pulse gets the power to create magical beings and shape the world as he sees fit, Lindzei gains the power to guard the unseen realm of the divine, and Etro gets nothing, and floods the world in darkness as an act of sorrow and revenge. This is in addition to trying to seek out a force of nature that models itself in the image of a female deity.
- In the first round of the Gilgamesh fight, he shoots Rocket Launchers at one target, much like his Rocket Punch ability.
- Feral Links and the enemy crystal capturing system appear to be refinations of the Oversoul system and ability to recruit monster units from Final Fantasy X 2 International + Last Mission.
- Time travel has been used before. Four times actually.
- In the newest trailer, a scene shows Lightning and Serah standing on a dock near a beach. Lightning reaches out to Serah and is surrounded by darkness. That scene sounds familiar?
- Mind you, this darkness is actually of gift from Etro. Chaos, or the power of the heart.
- Kaias stabbing Noel in the back seems very familiar. A little too familiar.
- The opening scene itself (both intro movie and the start of the freaking game) takes it further: Caius placing Yeul's body in the water on the seaside of Valhalla, a la Cloud and Aerith.
- Lightning's crystallized state is similar to one of the promo pics of the first game.
- Terra Branford is briefly mentioned in one of Captain Cryptic's quiz questions. Given who the Captain is voiced by, it is also extremely ironic as well as extremely hilarious.
- The first event players see when the story begins proper is of a Pink haired girl witnessing a meteor fall from the sky, then she is attacked by monsters when she sets out to investigate, only to be saved by a travelling fighter dressed in blue.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Noel is the son of Goofy! And in Japanese he's Edge.
- Kain's gotta get rid of the contradictions in the timeline. He also liked to box at one point, but still has the same little sister hang up. Oh, and he's Dr. Tenma.
- Also, Captain Cryptic is Kefka Palazzo, which makes a certain quiz question of his extremely hilarious knowing that.
- John Dimaggio reprising his role as Gilgamesh? OUTRAGEOUS!
- The Boss Battle theme (in which Lightning fights off against Chaos Bahamut while riding Odin in Gestalt Mode) is the same as the Main Battle theme ("Blinded by Light") from Final Fantasy XIII, except remixed slightly differently. Their introductions, however, start off exactly the same way.
- Shout-Out: When fighting Lieutenant Amodar, at certain times in the battle, he will use the Shun Goku Satsu on you. The button commands for his Feral Link (which is the same move) also use Akuma's common input command for the move.
- What Could Have Been: Typhon was slated to be a War God in Final Fantasy Type-0 but left out, presumably to be used for this game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.