|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the first main/sequel game since Final Fantasy XII to have its own Tear Jerker article, and, like the Nightmare Fuel entry, is also the first sequel game with its own article for it.Which probably has something to do with it being the first Final Fantasy game to be an Utsuge.
- Noel's Theme ~ The Last Travel ~, Eclipse, and Yeul's Theme.
- The entire Pacos Amethyst and Rubrite boss fight. You hear Yeul's warnings, an alternative form of Yeul's Theme plays the whole time, the Pacoses are only fighting you to protect Etro, and if you kill one of the two, the live one risks its turn reviving the other.
- Bonus points for being like the Devola and Popola boss fight.
- The message left by Serah in New Bodhum, which is strongly implied to be her reflection on the events of the story after her death.
- The normal ending has the above mentioned death of Serah, which, though expected, happens too suddenly. Not to mention she was The Woobie in Final Fantasy XIII, all her visions of the future were involuntary, all her promises are now made hollow, and she's the main character! What's worse is that Noel asked her twice if she was okay, as they both knew she would die from her visions. Both her responses were reassuring to Noel. Seeing Hope come and find her dead makes it worse.
- Having to watch Snow disappear. Serah tries to hold onto him and yells that she can't keep losing him, and then finds out that he is a l'Cie again.
- Noel's farewell to Caius after he dies is surprisingly touching, all things considered.