|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The ending of Advent Children.
- The look on Cloud's face - embarrassed, amazed, happy as the kids crowded around to celebrate - and then when Aerith turns and walks away, and then Zack waves once and follows... and then Cloud looks at the kids again, and his friends, and Tifa, and the true moment is the line after the fade: "I'm not alone. Not anymore." Just...
- This, accompanied by the frankly beautiful orchestral piece Cloud Smiles, which this troper considers to be one of Nobuo Uemastu's greatest compositions.
- Cloud gaining Heroic Resolve by remembering his friends.
Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away.
Cloud: I pity you. You just don't get it at all. There's not a thing I don't cherish!
Commence Omnislash ver. 5
- When Cloud drops his phone into a pool of water, we watch it slowly sinks, as we hear messages from all his friends. Then, when it finally reaches the bottom:
Aerith: I never blamed you. Not once. You came for me. That's all that matters.
- Cloud saving Tifa from the falling building. Not really the moment itself but if you think back to the original game and Clouds promise. Yep she finally got her hero helping her out when she;s in a bind.
- In the special OVA that comes with the Complete version, Denzel tells Reeve the story of his life leading up to getting found by Cloud. One segment is about him being taken in by an old woman after his parents were killed in the Sector 7 crash. At the end, when Reeve is leaving, he tells Denzel, "Thank you for taking care of my mother."