|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Ascended Fanon: Sephiroth's signature black wing never appeared in the original game. While he was the original One-Winged Angel, and had the black wing in his final form, he never had any wings in his human form. Instead, said wing made its first appearance in Kingdom Hearts. It seems to have proven popular with (most of) the fanbase, though, since it appeared in Advent Children and pretty much every game Seph's made a cameo in since.
- Fan Nickname: Sephy. Also, a lot of people rename Barret "Mr. T." This makes for an amusing bit of dialogue when Aerith calls him "Mr. Mr. T."
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Once you realize Sephiroth voices Superman, you'll never look at him the same way again.
- I Knew It!: The unnamed aquatic WEAPON that attacks Junon at the start of Disc 2 was dubbed the Sapphire WEAPON by fans and was later confirmed to be true by Word of God.
- Network to the Rescue: Not only did Sony help with the costs for the game, they also handled the North American distribution (Square didn't have an American distributor at the time).
- No Export for You: Before Crisis, particularly annoying because it's almost universally agreed by reviewers to be the highest quality cell phone game of all time. There may yet be hope now that Square has ported two cellphone projects to other platforms explicitly to ensure Western release, but this one remains a curious omission.
- The Other Darrin: Twice with Aerith, counting Mandy Moore from her Kingdom Hearts appearance. Since then she's been voiced by Mena Suvari in Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts II, and has since been replaced by Andrea Bowen for Crisis Core and Dissidia 012.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: An ever-rumored quest to bring back Aerith. Discussed in more detail on the Heroic Sacrifice entry in the Video Game tab.
- Back when the game was first released, there was a rumour that you could access a video of Tifa stripping after the end credits if you tapped in a certain code. Needless to say, it doesn't work.
- What Could Have Been: Many cut concepts for the game, including Cloud really being a phantom of the original Cloud that Sephiroth made, which he would occasionally speak through, and Sephiroth and Aerith being former lovers, or brother and sister. Most interesting is the idea that "jenova" would be the term for a certain aspect of humans that when "awakened" with mako gave them magical abilities. Sephiroth's "jenova" powers would be heightened, and he would be cruel and brutal with a fascination with slaughter and destruction, heightened by madness caused by over-exposure to mako. In other words, Sephiroth could have ended up being a silver-haired Expy of Kefka.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.