|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Casualties by Icey the Fox
- Recommended by ST 218
- Synopsis: Why did only Marche, Ritz, Mewt and Doned remember the real world? What if, actually, another group of young people also remembered? What if they took their sides in the conflict, picked their allies, and clashed with friends? This.
- Comments: Insanely good. It fleshes out the world of FFTA and is a great example of how Darker and Edgier can definitely be awesome. Side characters like Lini and Quinn receive a greater role, and we're not without canon heroes like Marche, Montblanc, and Ezel, but the real focus of the story is the Five-Man Band of Isaac, Eileen, Jacqueline, Ben, and Maxwell, specifically Isaac. Don't let the OCs turn you off-everyone feels like they fit right in.
- Baithin: Seconded. Easily the best Final Fantasy Tactics Advance fanfic out there. Isaac is one badass moogle. But beware: Anyone Can Die.
- Montblanc: And thirded. I'm only on chapter 12, but I'm enjoying the story immensely so far. Their are two issues, however: spelling mistakes, and smirking. Everyone is always smirking. Smirk smirk smirk smirk. It makes me imagine that everyone in Ivalice is incredibly smug.
- I Juggler: Fourthed. I've been keeping with this beast since around chapter 7, and not only is it the only reason I remember FFTA, it's my favourite fic out of any series. At around chapter 100 by now, and still going strong. Anyone Can Die is right, because all of the original Five-Man Band have died, as well as a few other original characters.
- Person 1: Fifthed. While some the events seem a bit forced and out of the blue, it's all around very good. The characters are nice and believable, while the piece itself is very well-written.