The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
In some of the adventure Film Serials, the fedora would be worn by the hero. When Indiana Jones came along, it solidified the hat as a sign of the adventurer (at least to modern audiences). It can also become an Iconic Item.
Action Heroes Wearing This Hat
Anime And Manga
- Fred C Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- Also Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon. Humphrey Bogart in most of his screen roles, actually.
- David Jones in China
- Indiana Jones in all his films. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade even begins with how he got it.
- Harry Steele (Charlton Heston) in Secret Of The Incas.
- Firo from Baccano wears a classy green fedora, and is an expert in unarmed combat and knife fighting.
- In Doctor Who, the Fourth Doctor would often wear a fedora.
- The Green Hornet wears one as part of his Coat, Hat, Mask.
- Gennojo Hyuga from the "Castle of Shikigami" Bullet Hell series of games is an investigator who flies around firing arcing fireballs and transforming into a werewolf when enraged, due to having the blood of an ancient wolfgod in his veins. He wears a black suit and fedora-style hat.
- Although Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall didn't start out as an action hero, the plotlines eventually made him one.
- Chip of Chipand Dale Rescue Rangers, whose wardrobe was based on Indiana Jones.
- Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb is a member of a secret agency where all field agents are action pets who wear fedoras.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.