|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Ladies and Gentleman go go for a wild wild ride with pussycats, but beware the sweetest kittens have the sharpest claws. For your on safety see Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Wild women, wild wheels, race the fastest pussycats and they'll beat you... to death!"
Three thrill-seeking go-go dancers, Billie, Rosie and their leader, Varla, encounter a young couple in the desert while drag racing. After killing the boyfriend with her bare hands, Varla drugs, binds, gags and kidnaps his girlfriend, Linda. On a desolate highway, the four stop at a gas station, where they see an old man and his muscular, dimwitted son, known as the Vegetable. The gas station attendant tells the women that the old man and his two sons live on a decrepit ranch with a hidden cache of money. Intrigued, Varla hatches a scheme to rob the lecherous old man, who is confined to a wheelchair. Unfortunately, the old man and his son prove to be less harmless than first thought, putting the two sides in a life or death struggle.
"Faster Pussycat Kill Kill" is a film that is considered by many to be Russ Meyer's magnum opus, despite being rather tame compared to many of Meyer's later films. The film was only a moderate hit in theaters, as Meyers ironically opted to downplay the sexual elements of gratuitous nudity and sex in the film. But it quickly became a cult hit, enduring as Meyer's most notable film in his filmography.
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! contains examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: Varla
- Anti Role Model: All three girls, but especially Varla.
- Badass: Varla
- Bare Your Midriff
- Cat Fight: Billie and Rosie don't get along very much. Subverted with Varla, because when she gets physical, it's not beautiful.
- Dark Action Girl: Varla.
- Dumb Blonde: Billie acts like one.
- Fan Service
- Femme Fatale: Billie and Rosie
- Go-Go Enslavement: Linda.
- Les Yay: Rosie and Varla
- My Eyes Are Up Here: The gasoline station attendant stares directly at Varla's chest when he states he wants to see America.
Varla: You won't find it down there, Columbus.
- No Indoor Voice: Varla, for some reason, spends a lot of time yelling
- The Vamp: Varla
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Brutally averted.