|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Magazines devoted to fashion, with some articles on other topics relevant to their readers (lifestyle, people, and other things). As noted in the quote, they are heavy on advertising, but this has had the benefit of keeping the format of these magazines relatively consistent, as opposed to the Magazine Decay of other print genres.
Tropes common among these include:
- Costume Porn
- The Fashionista (if an article is about one)
- Fur and Loathing (if an article or spread focuses on fake fur)
- Impractically Fancy Outfit
- Merchandise-Driven (Spreads showing clothes will note who made each piece, and how much they cost.)
- Model Couple
- Pimped-Out Dress
- Fairytale Wedding Dress (for a Bridal Magazine)
- Pretty in Mink (if an article or spread focuses on real fur)
- Product Promotion Parade
- Up Marketing
- Poise magazine in 13 Going on 30.
- Allure magazine in Lady in the Dark.
- Cosmopolitan (although with less of a focus than others)
- Harpers Bazaar
- Gentlemans Quarterly (GQ), one of the few male-focused fashion magazines. Often runs lads-mag-style photo shoots of women in skimpy clothes.
- Vogue (so full of ads that sometimes the table of contents is on page 100 or later).
- In Style