|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Fallout Tactics player character, a Tribal recruited into the Brotherhood of Steel and chosen to be a squad leader over several other Wasteland recruits.
The Warrior's initial commanding officer, General Barnaky gives the player his missions and objectives. He's a gruff Drill Sergeant Nasty and will be quite harsh on the Warrior until they earn his respect with several successful mission completions.
- Anticlimax Boss: He's tougher than a normal enemy, but not to an extreme degree, and is no match for your combined squad. He's also noticeably weaker than Frank Horrigan or The Master.
- Brainwashed And Crash/Face Heel Turn: After being defeated by the Calculator's robots, his brain is extracted from his body and placed in a unique humanoid brain-bot to serve as the Calculator's The Dragon. He retains his original personality and memories, but has been indoctrinated into believing in the Calculator's goals.
- The Dragon: The Calculator turns him into its Cyborg General, due to his extensive knowledge of the B.O.S.'s capabilities and tactics.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: He's full of this in the earlier missions, although he does drop it quite a bit once you earn his respect by completing several missions successfully. Helps that he's voiced by the Patron Saint of this Trope.
- Fantastic Racism: He's shown to have a very strong disdain for Super Mutants and Ghouls, and if he's allowed to merge with the Calculator he ends up enslaving those populations to serve humanity. He's not a huge fan of Tribals, either, as he makes perfectly clear to you (a Tribal) in the first few missions.
- Not Quite the Right Thing: Allowing Barnacky to merge with the Calculator, instead of doing the Heroic Sacrifice yourself or simply destroying it and letting its technology and power go to waste, seems like a very clever way to Take a Third Option. This quickly turns out to not be the case, as the racist Barnacky ends up enslaving the native population of the Wasteland, as well as the Super Mutants and Ghouls, to serve the Brotherhood.
The leader of the Super Mutant army and the initial major foe the Brotherhood of Steel faces.
- Authority Equals Asskicking/Anticlimax Boss: On the one hand, Gammorin has fairly high stats and is a pretty good fighter. On the other hand, he's fought almost alone with only a couple Super Mutants helping him, while you have your entire 6 person squad.
- Disc One Final Boss: Defeating him is the main objective of the first 1/3rd of the game, before the Calculator's forces reveal themselves.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His main goal is to strengthen the Super Mutant army in order for them to fight the Calculator's forces and stop it from exterminating all organic life in the Wasteland. Unfortunately, the way he goes about doing this is fairly destructive for the surrounding population, which is not helped by the fact he's at least partially insane.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Gammorin turns out to be Paladin Latham, a high-ranking Brotherhood of Steel commander, who was lost during the original crash of the expedition's ships, and ended up being captured by the Super Mutant army. He killed the real General Gammorin in combat, an act which earned him the Super Mutants' respect and caused him to end up becoming their leader, taking Gammorin's name in the process. Due to a head injury he sustained during the fight, though, he's slowly going insane and now partially believes himself to be the original Gammorin.