The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Everyone thinks Bob is The Hero, but his reputation is grossly inflated.
- Straight: Bob gets public credit for heroic deeds he never actually performed.
- Exaggerated: Bob is a Dirty Coward who ran away from every battle he's been in, but everyone thinks he's the biggest hero in the army.
- Justified: Bob is set up as a public hero by the government/media despite his lack of qualifications in order to give the public an inspirational role model.
- Inverted: Bob is a Hero with Bad Publicity who constantly performs heroic deeds while getting absolutely no public acknowledgment for them.
- Bob is every bit the hero that his reputation would suggest.
- Alternately, Bob starts off as a Fake Ultimate Hero, but ultimately grows into a true hero.
- While Bob isn't as heroic as his reputation, he always assists the true heroes using his fame.
- Double Subverted: ...until the situation gets bad, and he decides Screw This, I'm Outta Here.
- Parodied: The falseness of Bob's reputation is blatantly obvious, but nobody ever figures it out.
- The constant stress of basing almost his entire public life on a lie slowly wears Bob down, until he finally confesses everything.
- Although Alice doesn't mind Bob getting the reputation for himself, Bob has very low self-esteem knowing he doesn't deserve it and eventually breaks down.
- Alice gets frustrated at Bob getting all the reputation for himself and makes a Face Heel Turn.
- Reconstructed: However, the person Bob confesses to helps Bob deal with his guilt and agrees to keep his secret.
- Zig Zagged: Nobody is really sure how much of Bob's reputation is based in reality, and how much of it is lies; not even Bob himself.
- Lampshaded: "My reputation for heroism is exaggerated."
- Bob's inflated reputation results in people expecting him to act the part, and is a constant source of trouble for him.
- Alternately, someone finds out the truth behind Bob's Fake Ultimate Hero-dom, and uses it to blackmail Bob.
- Discussed: "Sometimes, I wonder if Bob is really as much of a hero as people think he is..."
- Played For Laughs:: Bob has to engage in constant Zany Schemes to maintain his fake reputation.
- Played For Drama:: Everyone decides to count on Bob when they need a hero, and he lets them down.
Back to Fake Ultimate Hero.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.