|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Fairy Tale Novels are a series of books by Regina Doman. They are fairy tales retold in modern times, with Catholic teenagers as the protagonists. They don't actually have fairies or anything else magical in them.
You can find the website here.
These books provide examples of:
- Amateur Sleuth: Rose and Blanche, but especially Rose.
- "Pipe down, Trixie Belden."
- Cool Sword: Alex's various Japanese weapons.
- Damsel in Distress: Usually the girls, but the guys have their moments, too.
- Dance Battler: When Kateri finally does the fan dance in Alex O'Donnell and the Forty Cyberthieves.
- Darker and Edgier: Black as Night. Blanche is on the run after being framed for drug possession and grand theft...
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Fish in "Waking Rose" is a male example. Rachel Durham from "The Midnight Dancers" also qualifies.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Rose has a theory that no one is really what they seem. Fish is her Prince Charming, her godmother is a fairy, and so on.
- Genius Bruiser: As it turns out, Bear writes poetry.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: This is Christian fiction. Rose's swear words get pretty bizarre, though. ("Holy candlesticks, sister!")
- Katanas Are Just Better: ALEX. He does end up breaking one in a fight, though.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The Durhams have fourteen kids. The Kovachs have plenty, too.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Paul from "The Midnight Dancers" is a ninja clown! Who also plays the flute!
- Number of the Beast: The villain's keypad code in "The Shadow of the Bear."
- Twice-Told Tale: All of the books.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.