|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fairy Tail Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Lion's Pride by Wild Rhov
- Recommended by serpantchan
- Pairing: Loke/Lucy. Unrequited Gray/Lucy and Natsu/Lucy
- Synopsis: Lucy ends up pregnant with Loke's child, the second known half-spirit in existence. She struggles to deal with the unusual rate at which her child grows while Loke faces repercussions in the Spirit World, who fear that the baby may turn out like the only other known half-breed, an infamous criminal mage. To make matters worse, amidst the two's troubles, a rogue spirit and an ancient woman are trying to capture the child and use it for unknown sinister ends.
- Comments: Totally better than it sounds. Some of the plot twists and reveals, such as the previous half-spirit, are a little obvious, while others are alluded to just enough that you can tell the story was well thought out. Lucy can get a little whiny at times, but never so much so that it's out of character or at a time when it's uncalled for.
- Review: Weighing in at a hefty 100k+ words, this story manages to squeeze every emotion out of its readers. Although some parts are Not Safe for Work, the majority of the story is packed full of drama, action, emotion, and hilarity. It can also be educational, as some reviewers have said that the astronomy lessons found in extensive footnotes have helped them in school!
- Tags: Hits you with a Lemon right from the start, but after that it settles down until a couple more scattered lemons later in the story, Rated M chapters have warnings.
To Forget to Remember by Klika-lio
- Recommended by Sayacha
- Pairing: Bixlow/Lisanna, along with some Natsu/Lucy and Fried/Mirajane
- Synopsis: Lisanna isn't quite sure what to make of some things in Earthland anymore after spending two years in Edolas, not the least of which is the loss of her childhood love Natsu to Lucy. For a change of pace, she takes a mission that will get her out of town for at least a while, but ends up biting off more than she can chew. Fried and Bixlow go to rescue her at Mirajane's request, and when the original mission turns out to be more than it originally seemed, they all stay to see it through. Meanwhile, Bixlow and Lisanna end up connecting a little better than either had ever expected.
- Comments: About a crack pairing, but the fic itself is very good. It also takes a good look at Lisanna's feelings about Natsu and Lucy's relationship without making her whiny or an out-of-character jerk like so many fics in the FT section do. The build up to both the romance and the action is slow and very natural, and everyone is wonderfully in character. It even goes into Bixlow's past and showcases several of the things that made him into the man he now is. The author's native language is not English so her grammar and whatnot are not perfect, but the fic is in no way incoherent, all the while presenting a believable way for Bixlow and Lisanna to become interested in each other. Definitely worth a read.
- Tags: Features a crack pairing as the main couple, along with quite a few OCs in Bixlow's past. No Mary Sues or OOC-ness in sight, however.
- Recommended by serpantchan
- Pairing: Sting/Lucy. Unrequited Natsu/Lucy
- Synopsis: Lucy finds Sting drunk after the tournament and decides to help him out. He shows up later wanting to repay her and the two begin a series of favors owed that slowly develops into a relationship. Fearing the wrath of either their guild mates or guild master should it get out that they're dating, the two try to keep one another secret.
- Comments: Sting hasn't really shown up enough yet to judge whether he's out of character or not, but the rest of the cast is spot on. Their courtship is really cute and a lot of the scene are pretty hilarious. Your heart may bleed a bit for Natsu, though, and the author mixed up Raven Tail with a certain Hogwarts house right at the beginning, unfortunately.
Original Characters Fics
Any fanfics which are based on Original Characters, placed in the setting of this series.