|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Simply put, a video game that encourages the player to actually exercise.
The goal isn't usually to complete the game so much as to get in shape.
- Wii Fit, the Trope Codifier.
- EA Sports Active
- The Biggest Loser has a Licensed Game, of course, about this.
- Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum
- We Cheer has a workout mode.
- Although mostly incidental, Dance Dance Revolution is considered to give a very good workout. Some editions even have a calorie counter.
- Personal Trainer: Walking (although less about direct exercise than getting in a walking rhythm).
- EyeToy: Kinetic
- Ubisoft's Your Shape for the Wii and its sequel, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for Kinect.
- On The Simpsons, Lisa bought a Funtendo Zii for the old folks' home so they could get some exercise.
- Wario Ware: Smooth Moves has a rather tenuous workout mode where you burn "kelories".
- Dance Aerobics for the NES is the Ur Example. It made use of the Power Pad.
- Yourself!Fitness for the Xbox, Play Station 2 and PC platforms. Ubisoft later bought it to release on the Wii as My Fitness Coach.
- Just Dance 2 has a mode for this.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.