|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Hector Con Carne
Don't you know that tyranny never sleeps?
Voiced by: Phil LaMarr
Hector Con Carne was a billionaire playboy from Mexico who wanted to dominate the world. One day, he and his mansion were blown up by a bomb. His brain and stomach were recovered by Major Dr. Ghastly and attached to a bear named Boskov. Someday, Hector would find the rest of his organs and finally rule the world.
- Arch Enemy: To both Cod Commando and Estroy.
- Berserk Button:
- Hector gets restless when Boskov disobeys him.
- When Hector notices a rebellion from Skarr.
- Big What: Hector yells that from time to time.
- BilingualBonus: Hector sometimes speaks in Spanish here and there in some segments.
- Brain In a Jar: His current status.
- Broken Bird: As a result of being a BrainInAJar.
- CantStandThemCantLiveWithoutThem: Hector was tired of being attached to Boskov until it ultimately subverted in "Boskov's Day Out".
- Combat Pragmatist: If he had his body back.
- DarkLordOnLifeSupport: Hector Con Carne is a BrainInAJar (and stomach, in a separate jar) set atop a bear. He's a possible parody of Brain from Doom Patrol.
- DespairEventHorizon: Hector was blown up by Cod Commando's trap in his place, which reduced him to a brain and a stomach.
- DoomedHometown: His manor was blown up by Cod Commando, which caused his reduction to a brain.
- DubNameChange: The Latin American dub changed his name from Hector Con Carne to Hector Ado, a pun on "Dorado" (Golden). It helps that to the spanish speaking viewer, Hector original name sounds ridiculous.
- EvenBadMenLoveTheirMamas: Hector is so terrified of disappointing his elderly mother, all these years he's been pretending to be an oral surgeon as opposed to an international arch-criminal. Apparently, his mother never watches the news, because Hector's charade works for far longer than it should, even when his mom visits his lair. spoiler: Except it didn't.
- EvilVersusEvil: Hector versus Estroy. Also, when Hector decided to reunite the world's villains to form a League of Destruction, the league destroyed itself because nobody would accept anybody else as leader.
- The Faceless: Hector's face, pre-explosion, is never shown; even old photos of him cut off at the neck. However, we do see that he was a very tall and very well-muscled man with flowing black hair tied back in a ponytail.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Hector sometimes speaks Spanish.
- The Kirk
- Large Ham: Second to Skarr.
- Latin Lover: Hector before losing his body.
- The Leader: Of Evil Con Carne.
- Meaningful Name: His last name means "With Meat" in Spanish.
- ObliviousToLove: Hector on Ghastly's feelings for him.
- OrganDodge: Only his brain and stomach live.
- Otaku: Hector likes Japanese culture. Which he doesn't mean that he has any qualms about slaughtering Japanese civilians, only that he has his mooks dress as samurais and yield katanas.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He has the brain of a cruel child that is stuck in the body of an adult bear. He is unbelievably petty about everything, even world domination and apart from asking for help from his enemy for obvious things like operating a toaster, he also rubs in ridiculous things, like teasing Skarr about him having the remote control.
- RedOniBlueOni: Hector is the red to Ghastly's blue.
- Relationship Upgrade: In the future, Hector has a boy with Ghastly.
- Riches To Rags: Hector used to be a billionaire, but now, he is reduced to a brain.
- Terrified Of Germs: Confirmed in The Smell Of Vengeance, where germs might kill Hector's brain.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In Teenage Idol, he and Boskov dressed up as a woman.
- WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds: Hector became this after he lost his body.
- Villain Protagonist: The main protagonist.
Major Dr. Andedonia J. Ghastly
General Reginald Peter Skarr
Voiced by Jesse Corti (pilot), Frank Welker (series)