The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Even A Monkey Can Draw Manga is a satirical How-To series in Manga format by Koji Aihara and Kentaro Takekuma, originally published in the Seinen magazine Big Comic Spirits in 1986 - 1988. Two of the three volumes have been translated by Viz.
Tropes used in Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga include:
- Cliche: Every genre has its clichés pointed out as absolutely necessary components of a successful work.
- Cliché Storm: The book itself, and the manga you would produce if you followed its advice.
- Deconstructive Parody: Plays the advice (some of which is actually valid) totally seriously.
- Forced Meme: Creating a memorable catchphrase and associated pose is stated as an important aspect of making a gag manga.
- Framing Device: The book is presented as a wannabe manga artist receiving training from a more successful mentor.
- Satellite Character: Discussed in the chapter about boys' manga, with the hanger-on character illustrated as a literal satellite orbiting the protagonist.
- Sequential Artist
- Stylistic Suck: The framing segments are idiosyncratically awful, while the genre sections parody the worst-possible clichés of the corresponding art styles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.