|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Hey everyone, this is Etho here..."—Etho
Some people play video games. Then there are some who push them to their limits. This is what Etho does with the game Minecraft. His Let's Play has spanned over 160 episodes and includes all sorts of contraptions. Etho approaches Minecraft from a technical perspective, and has a soft voice and a generally friendly attitude. But behind that voice is a genius.
Tropes that apply to Ethos Lab:
- Beyond the Impossible: Etho's builds include a Slime farm that sorts them by size, Blaze XP farm, and many other things.
- Deadpan Snarker: Also a Crowning Moment of Funny, in episode 136 when talking about how to access your world saves in Minecraft, he instructs how to do it on a Windows machine. Then he advises not to ask him how it's done on a Mac or else receive a response such as "There's only so much you can do with a potato."
- Department of Redundancy Department: In episode 167, he lights up the bridge for "visual looks"
- Elaborate Underground Base: since starting his current map around episode 100, he has built his base (the "Man cave") completely underground. On the Mindcrack server, he also dwells underground, although that base is less developed.
- Evil Twin: Evil Etho
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: Etho almost never swears in any of his videos, and usually censors the audio when others swear.
- Let's Play: His main series is a Minecraft Let's Play.
- The Faceless: Etho has yet to show his real face (or if he has, the image/video is lost deep in the Internet.)
- Your Mom: played straight: He refers to hoes as "your mom."