|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ethnic Cleansing is a 2002 First-Person Shooter developed and published by Resistance Records, a record label owned by the white supremacist/neo-Nazi group National Alliance. Without even seeing it, one can probably make an educated guess as to its content just from that description, and not be that far off. In this game, you play as a Nazi skinhead or a Klansman who goes on a rampage through the ghetto and the subway, murdering black Gang-Bangers (who make monkey and ape noises), Latinos (who are dressed like banditos), and Jews (who are dressed like Hasidim and shout "oy vey!" when shot). Boss battles include fights against the "Big N*g" (yes, he's actually called that) and Ariel Sharon, who leads a plot for Jewish world domination.
Yeah. It's that kind of game. It indulges in over-the-top racial stereotypes as a means of spreading the message of its developers... which is really the only thing noteworthy about it, as much of its gameplay content is rather rough around the edges, to say the least. It can be seen in action here, warts and all.
In 2003, Resistance Records released a Spiritual Successor called White Law, in which one plays as a white cop who goes postal after multiculturalism turns his city into a Gangsterland. They followed this up with ZOG's Nightmare 1 and 2 , in which you "take America back" from Jewish domination.
- Anachronism Stew: With a lack of set date for the game, one is left to presume that the Jews' evil plan to colonize the world has been delayed considerably.
- Artificial Stupidity
- Author Tract: Whites good, non-whites and Jews evil, Heil Hitler. Got it.
- A Winner Is You: Defeating Ariel Sharon causes him to utter a five-second line about how you have destroyed "thousands of years of work." Then you enter a room in which you can choose to restart the game or go back to the main menu.
- Blatant Lies/Refuge in Audacity: The stock audio of apes in the first game is advertised as having been "recorded live using real negroes."
- Easter Egg: A speech by National Alliance founder William Luther Pierce is hidden in the first level.
- Equal Opportunity Evil: This being a white supremacist game, being equal opportunity is what makes them evil in the first place; a poster seen in the second level reads "Diversity -- it's good for Jews!". The developers then made White Law, which is an Author Tract railing against multiculturalism and race-mixing.
- Evil Plan: Ariel Sharon has one. It involves diversity.
- Game Breaking Bug: So many of them. The most notorious one: in the first game, the second level pretty much works or doesn't work at the game's mercy.
- Gang-Bangers: Fought in the first level of Ethnic Cleansing.
- Gangsterland: Kapitol City in White Law.
- Humiliation Conga: Allegedly, the plans wrecked by Sharon's death date back at least two millennia.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: In ZOG's Nightmare.
- Mighty Whitey
- Noodle Implements: Diversity is frequently used as a tool of evil through means the game never explains.
- Noodle Incident: Ariel Sharon's plan, the game's main plot point. All they ever tell us is that it involves diversity, took thousands of years to set up, and has been delayed by at least a year.
- N-Word Privileges: Flagrantly averted.
- The Moral Substitute
- Obvious Beta: All the games are loaded with crippling bugs, AI issues, and graphical errors, to the point where they have been compared unfavorably to Daikatana. The video link above allows you to see many of them firsthand.
- Officer O'Hara: Michael Riley, the protagonist of White Law.
- Schrodinger's Player Character
- Strawman Political
- Twenty Minutes Into the Future: Was initially the projected date for the Jews' Evil Plan to come to fruition, but since that date (2010) has passed, the lack of set date for the game ends up invoking Anachronism Stew.
- Would Be Rude to Say Genocide: Type A
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The setting of White Law is called "Kapitol City".
- You Keep Using That Word: "Diversity." All the player is given is that it's somehow bad, and even that comes only courtesy of an ad hominem attack.
- ↑ For those of you unfamiliar with racist slang, "ZOG" is short for "Zionist Occupied Government," i.e. a country that the racists feel is overrun or controlled by Jews.