|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 1988 film starring Jim Varney as his signature character, Ernest P. Worrell. In it, Ernest has to save Christmas by helping Santa Claus, who has been incarcerated after trying to track down a man who has been chosen to be the next Santa. It's up to Ernest to get Santa out of jail and get a hold of Joe, the man chosen to be the next Santa.
- An Asskicking Christmas: Joe is being forced to star in a movie that is essentially this, but it goes against his morals.
- Facecam: Just like in the Ernest P. Worrell commercials, the movie includes a brief scene from Vern's POV.
- How Can Santa Deliver All Those Toys?: Ernest gives an answer that's just plain Techno Babble.
- Hyperspace Wardrobe: As with every Ernest movie.
- Overly Long Gag: "M." "V." "M." "V." "M." "V." "M." "V."
- "Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree...oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree."
- The Runaway: Harmony, a teenage girl Ernest picks up while driving his taxi and who tags along for most of the movie.
- Santa Claus
- Saving Christmas: See above.