|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Epiphany follows Eli, a young boy in his first year of high school, through his life with his friends, his distant preacher father, and the Popularity Food Chain.
Oh, and there's also some subplot about duality, the major religion of this universe, and the two gods who created the world, and the fact that (spoiler) one may still be around.
A rather slow paced comic that nonetheless builds up to a very strong plot and offers a more realstic view of how a world of anthropomorphic animals would function and even come to be. Showcases a realistic set of characters with a subtle sense of humor mixed in with some bigger laugh-out-loud moments, with a very unique art style.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Eli's dad is fixed from Oscar's perspective, at least!
- Came Back Wrong: Type IV. Sure, Oscar healed Eli's comatose father, but he now he's a actual deer.
- Cast of Snowflakes: Besides Eli and his dad and Andrew and his family, no two characters are the same species.
- Deadpan Snarker: Andrew. So hard.
- Fan Nickname: Hipster Lion for Oscar, the lion with sunglasses who happens to be a former God.
- Furry Confusion: Averted. Eli knows the difference between a "people deer" and a "deer deer". And his dad is definitely not the latter.
- God Is Flawed: The aforementioned Hipster Lion/Oscar is kind of a selfish jerk.
- Jerk Jock: Scott, who also qualifies as a Jerkass Woobie.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Val has 'em.
- Oh My Gods: Quite literally. Since the religion is based around two gods all phrases with 'God' use 'Gods'.
- Pals with Jesus: Eli and Oscar.
- Psychic Nosebleed: Oscar after "curing" Eli's dad. Combined very unsettlingly with a Slasher Smile.
- Shout-Out: President Bird is on their money!
- Stealth Pun: The author loves these.
- Wham! Episode: Chapter 2, Page 37 in which Eli's dad is hit by a truck.
- Or how about when Eli bursts into flames and sees into forever? That's where it goes from "slice of life with funny animals" to... something else entirely.
- Wreathed in Flames: Eli, temporarily.