Emma Stone, born Emily Jean Stone on November 6, 1988 in Scottsdale, Arizona, is an American actress.She made her feature film debut in Superbad. She then starred in the horror-comedy Zombieland in 2009. In 2010, Stone starred in Easy A, which earned her a nomination for a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy. In 2011, she was in the films Crazy Stupid Love and The Help, which both had critical and commercial success. Stone will play Gwen Stacy in the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man.
Her low-pitched, husky voice is the result of calluses she has on her vocal cords thanks to suffering from colic as an infant, which developed into nodules.
- Superbad (2007)
- The House Bunny (2008)
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2008)
- The Rocker (2008)
- Zombieland (2009)
- Marmaduke (2010)
- Easy A (2010)
- Crazy Stupid Love (2011)
- The Help (2011)
- Friends with Benefits (2011)
This actress contains examples of:
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Lindsay Lohan. She even does similar roles to what Lindsay started doing before she started heavily doing drugs. This was referenced in Emma Stone's Trailblazer Award presentation at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards, in which one person said "She was great in The Parent Trap.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Her acceptance speech after receiving the "MTV Trailblazer" award at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards:
"Thank you, I'm a crier. So, I looked up the actual definition of trailblazer, and it means someone who blazes a trail to be followed by others. And that's an honor to hear you're being associated with a concept like that. But the only thing I can hope that an award inspires is originality, because the trailblazers I've looked up to and been inspired by are people like Gilda Radner and Bill Murray and John Candy and Charlie Chaplin and The Beatles and J. D. Salinger. Lorne Michaels, who reminds me the importance of comedy, and Cameron Crowe, whose work consistently reminds me of why I want to be an actor. Those people are my creative trailblazers, but I'm not following any of their paths, and what's incredible about them is they help make me want to be more myself because they're all originals," she said. And I hope that you'll find your trailblazers. And, trust me, I do not need to be one of them. I probably shouldn't be one of them. But that you'll continue to harness your own originality and what makes you unique 'cause I know that when you're a teenager — sometimes when you're an adult — what sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it's not. And a lot of the time, it's what makes you great. So I kind of sound like I live in a van down by the river right now. But I am deeply touched and grateful for this."
- Demoted to Extra: Despite the main advertising campaign for The Help being based around her, her role seemed to be diminished by both fans and critics in favor of Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer
- Dye Hard: Stone is a natural blonde, but has gained fame for being a redhead in films like Superbad and Easy A. She has dyed her hair blonde again to play Gwen Stacy The Amazing Spider Man.
- Green Eyes