Elizabeth Banks (born Elizabeth Irene Mitchell, February 10, 1974) is an American actress, producer and director. She changed her last name to avoid confusion with actress Elizabeth Mitchell.
She describes herself as having been seen as a "goody two-shoes" in her youth who was nominated for the local Harvest Queen.
You can learn more of her in The Other Wiki .
- Spider-Man (film) Trilogy as Betty Brant
- Catch Me If You Can as Lucy Forrest
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin as Beth
- Slither as Starla Grant
- Definitely Maybe (film) as Sarah/"Emily" Jones-Hayes
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno as Miriam "Miri" Linky
- The Uninvited 2009 as Rachel Summers
- The Next Three Days as Lara Brennan
- Our Idiot Brother as Miranda Rochlin
- Man on a Ledge as Lydia Mercer
- The Hunger Games film series as Effie Trinkett
- Pitch Perfect film series as Gail Abernathy-McKadden
- Movie 43 as Amy
- The LEGO Movie as Wyldstyle/Lucy
- Walk of Shame as Meghan Miles
- Power Rangers as Rita Repulsa
- BrightBurn as Tori Breyer
- All My Children as Waitress
- Sex and the City as Catherine
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Janina Tobias Jansen
- Without a Trace as Clarissa
- Stella as Tamara
- Scrubs as Dr. Kim Briggs
- The Muppets as Herself
- American Dad as Becky Aragino, Lisa Silver
- Modern Family as Sal
- 30 Rock as Avery Jessup
- Family Guy as Pam Fisherman
- Robot Chicken as Mrs. Claus/Shana "Scarlett' O'Hara
- Phineas and Ferb as Grulinda
- Moonbeam City as Pizzaz Miller
- Press Your Luck as Herself (Host)
- Chewing the Scenery: You could tell if she's enjoying her performance.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Banks frequently plays "blonde-bombshell " characters, especially during the 2000s.
- Game Show Host: Will be hosting a revival of Press Your Luck for ABC in the summer of 2019.
- Ms. Fanservice: Banks has shown skin quite a few times in her films.
- Old Shame: She's downright savage about her first film Surrender Dorothy, a trippy black and white drama about a male drug addict who's forced to become his roommate's ideal girlfriend.
- Older Than They Look: Has aged quite well for someone in her 40's.
- Promoted Fangirl: She sought out the role of Effie in The Hunger Games because she loved the books. She also requested that her character not be Demoted to Extra in the third and fourth films - and Suzanne Collins loved her performance so much that she rewrote much of Mockingjay to reinstate Effie into the main cast and expand her story accordingly.
- Shipper on Deck: Stated that she shipped Effie/Haymitch from early on in The Hunger Games - a Fan-Preferred Pairing despite having little basis in the books - and asked Suzanne Collins if they could get together in the end in the movies.And indeed - by 'the film series' end, it's heavily implied that they do . To solidify this, Banks even gave her character in the Pitch Perfect movies the surname "Abernathy" (which is Haymitch's surname in The Hunger Games), apparently as a tribute to her ship. Possibly among the biggest Ascended Fangirl moves in movie history.
- Stage Name: Her real name is Elizabeth Mitchell. But since theres already an actress with that name , she changed her surname to Casey and eventually Banks.