|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"You're unconscious."—Sylvester Stallone, when asked what he'd tell a losing contestant on a boxing-based reality show
Reality series have their own Stock Phrases to be used when contestants are eliminated.
- "The tribe has spoken."
- "I'm sorry. You've both been eliminated from the race."
- "You're fired!" If Trump is really pissed off, he'll add "Get Out!."
- "You've been evicted from the Big Brother house."
- "You are The Weakest Link. Goodbye!"
- Top Chef: "Please pack your knives and go." Slightly changed for Top Chef: Just Desserts: "Please pack your tools and go."
- Flavor of Love: "Your time's up."
- Rock of Love: "Your tour ends here."
- The Pick-Up Artist: "For you, it's game over."
- My Antonio You're not going to get lei'd tonight
- "You have been Chopped."
- Joe Millionaire: "You must leave the chateau!"
- Tool Academy: "You're just a tool."
- From G's to Gents: "Membership denied; please remove your blazer."
- "Take off your jacket and leave Hells Kitchen."
- Sometimes gets an added, "Now fuck off with ya, yeah?"
- I Love Money: "Your check is voided; it's time for you to bounce."
- America's Best Dance Crew: "Your banner must fall."
- Project Runway: "And that means you're out. Auf Wiedersehen."
- 4th and Long: "I'm sorry, but the Dallas Cowboys cannot use you. You might play for somebody, but it won't be for Dallas. You're cut."
- Shear Genius: "This was your final cut."
- Solitary: "You are...the first to quit this treatment. Your stay in solitary is over."
- RuPaul's Drag Race: "Now, sashay away."
- "The loser must walk down the Dock of Shame to catch the Boat of Losers, and they can never come back, ever."
- Estate of Panic: "You're going with Rupert."
- Work of Art: The Next Great Artist: "Your work of art didn't work for us."
- Who Wants to Be a Superhero?: Please turn in your costume.
- The Assistant: You have been *snit, snit snit* clipped.
- In a South Park episode, Kyle, Stan, and Cartman kick Butters out of their group and proceed to spoof the reality show format when looking for a new fourth friend. Whenever candidates are eliminated, Cartman tells them, "Get the fudge out!"
Clyde: This whole thing is stupid! You don't pick people you wanna be with by making it into a game!
Cartman: Ooooooo, somebody's a sore loser! Clyde, I believe I said, "Get the fudge out!" Which means, kiss mah fudgin' ass! Go fudge yourself! Fudge ya! Get the fudge out, Clyde!
- Tough Enough: "You're not tough enough."
- "You are not The Biggest Loser."
- Top Shot "You have fired your last shot."
- Platinum Hit: "Songwriting is hit-and-miss...and you missed."
- Master Chef Australia: "Any one of you could be Australia's next Master Chef. But for one of you, the dream ends here." And when it's down to two, "Name and Name, it comes down to you two, and it comes down to the food you cooked.". Thankfully, the actual statement was fairly generic, usually, "Name, you're safe; you're still in the competition. Name, I'm sorry, it's now time for you to leave the Master Chef kitchen."
- Design Star: "I'm sorry. We will not be producing your show."
- The Sing Off: Some variation of "Now please raise your mics one final time for your swan song."
- The Joe Schmo Show: Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. <Name>, you're dead to us.
- In the second season, "Your neck is bare and so is your place in Austin's heart" for the women and "Your wick is cold and so is place in Piper's heart."
- Worst Cooks in America: "Please turn in your apron."
- Sweet Genius: "In that test, you were no sweet genius."
- The Next Iron Chef: "You will not be the next Iron Chef."
- Around the Horn: "You're the low man on the totem pole, any last words?"
- Inverted in America's Next Top Model. Sometimes, Tyra would say this to the contestant when she gives out the photos:
Tyra: "Congratulations. You're still in the running for becoming America's Next Top Model."
- Inquizition: "This round's time has expired, Mr. ________, and so has yours. PLEASE LEAVE NOW!"
- Canada's Worst Driver: "You are not Canada's Worst Driver." (Contestants are happy to hear this one.)