|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Lord Elf: How are we even still alive?
April: Falls only reduce you to one hit point, they never kill anyone.
Lord Elf: Go on without me, Herman. I am gravely injured. I may never walk again.
April: Look, I healed you. Can we go now?
Lord Elf: Huzzah! I am rejuvenated!
My sharp elvish hearing detects the sound of laughter within my room. It is my duty as host to investigate this and put an end to their enjoyment immediately.
- Only Sane Man
- Strawman Feminist, at times, including Vegan
- Left At The Altar here, although only in roleplay.
- Not So Above It All: here
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Duke.
- Fan Girl: Over Legolas characters.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: For a guy playing Legolas. Duke thought he was just Megan.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Megan.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Oh Crap: After he falls in love with Sweet_grrl, he learns she's only 15 (he's in his 30s).
- "Stop Having Fun!" Guys: Occasionally.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Shown here.
- Improbable Weapon User: A broom. He is the Eternal Sweeper, after all.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Elves are so gross.
- Shoot the Dog: He's not above just stabbing a girl when it's the pragmatically appropriate action. Note that he's playing a paladin.
There's a time and place for chivalry, and this ain't it.
- Good Is Not Dumb: He can differentiate between courage and stupidity.
Percey: And none of you lost any items because you were all hiding when LoD was on his rampage.
Duke: Are you calling me a coward?
Percey: Actually... I'd call you sane, but that's up for debate.
April: Did you even ask him why he did that? There must be a reason.
Percey: Of course there was. People make up reasons for everything they do. It was still wrong.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: April's used to getting treated weird unless she pretends to be a boy online. This practice backfires somewhat when she shows up playing herself and everyone else assumes she's crossplaying.
- First hint of her true identity is here.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Not that she tries it, but rather that she falls for it... or seems to, but then turns the conversation in quite a different way.
- The Atoner: here
Duke's Dad, aka Harry Ars (or Harry Arms)
- Noob: Unlike the more idiotic Noob antics of Goku, Duke's dad is merely unschooled in the ways of the MMORPG.
- Is there a trope for being a (knowledge, not annoyance) Noob when you really ought to have figured out the ropes by now?
- Bully Hunter: He stands up to the local bully, and soon attracts help.
- Chivalrous Pervert: To the great embarrassment of his son.
- Eyes Always Shut
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- (stabs everyone - the Yandere description doesn't seem like the right one, though)
Lord of Dorkness, aka LoD
- He explains his problem really well right here:
LoD: Sorry. I have A.D.D.
Milady: Attention Deficit Disorder?
LoD: Yes. I don't get hardly enough. How many more times do I have to kill everyone before I'm center of attention again?
- HornyDevil: She starts in a chatroom for demons and other horrific monsters, and only follows the main characters back to the main chatroom because they insulted her and she wanted payback.
- um... this
- Mascot: Was added as an attempt to be this. It didn't really go well for him.
Other Chat Room Groups:
The Star Wars chatroom, including the much maligned Ben
The Goth chatroom, including Gothboi, Gothgrrl, and Slave
- Slave managed to put his Tuxedo Max costume to work and actually drove off the Lord of Dorkness.
- Gothgrrl turns traitor (apologetically).
Lady Juliette, driven away by Lord Elf. Although I think I saw her in the MMORPG cast later, so not sure.