|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character's vehicle has an ejection seat, which they use to get rid of an undesirable.
- Straight: John presses a button in his car, ejecting the Mook from his passenger seat.
- Exaggerated: John presses a button in his car ejecting all three Mooks seated in the 3 other seats.
- Justified: John is driving a top-secret, experimental spy car that has ejection seats specially equipped.
- John presses the injection button to yank someone off the sidewalk into the passenger seat.
- John presses a button that activates the Restraining Seat, keeping his passenger from getting out of the car.
- Subverted: John reaches for the ejection button, but at the last second kicks the Mook out of the passenger-side door
- Double Subverted: John then uses the ejection button to eject himself out of the car before crashing
- As John hits the ejection button, a voice repeatedly asks him if he really wants to initiate ejection, warning him of the consequences and forcing him to re-press the button several times.
- Which makes the seat shoot him up... and into the back seat. Oh Crap.
- Deconstructed: The thrusters from the ejected seat start a large fire in the car and John has to bail out.
- Reconstructed: The ejection seat uses air pressure to fire.
- Zig Zagged: John presses the ejection button, firing off the Mook, who lands right back into the car, due to Physics. Luckily, John's ejection system can fire twice, and he presses the ejection button again while passing under a low-hanging bridge...
- Averted: John's car has no ejection system, and he manages to find an alternative way to get rid of the Mook(s).
- Enforced: John is a top-secret scientist who invented the ejection seat, so it's use is pivotal to his character.
- Lampshaded: As John presses the button:
Mook: "Who builds a car with an ejection seat?"
John: "Let's see what this button does..."
- Defied: John presses the button and nothing happens.
Scientist: "...and your car comes equipped with top-of-the-line ejection seats."
- Conversed: "Why are these super-spies so willing to use ejection seats? Isn't it expensive to replace those things?"
- Played For Laughs: the slightest twitch will send the characters careening out the car's roof, leading to the overly expressive Bob getting launched out at numerous inopportune times.
- Played For Drama: The ejection seat is activated prematurely, leading to the craft being abandoned before it's absolutely necessary. The out of control vehicle crashes into a heavily populated public place, causing loss of life and serious damage. John's called in for an investigation and it's revealed that he panicked and ejected well before it was necessary to do so. John's career is ruined and he's forced to resign in shame.
To go back to Ejection Seat, press that red button on the dash board...