|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Eight Crazy Nights is a heartwarming family holiday movie that will bring joy and laughter to people of all ages...just kidding! It's actually about a middle-aged Jewish drunk who learns not to be such an asshole to everyone. Why should (or why shouldn't) you check it out? Well, it involves rocket farts, snowman killing, old lady melon squeezing (not what it sounds like), and that's just the first five minutes.
- Adaptation Expansion: Whitey is based on a one-shot character from Sandler's album Stan and Judy's Kid.
- Alter Kocker: Eleanore.
- Brick Joke: Davey picks on the fat kid in his team, telling him to wear a bra next time he comes on the court. We next see him at the mall trying on a bra in a changing stall.
- Butt Monkey: Whitey, until the ending.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Eleanore is ten pounds of ass-kicking in a five-pound bag. See the part when she's confronted by the man who stole her Liz Taylor wig as a child.
- But Thou Must!: A rare non-videogame example, Before Davey could leave the city on the bus all of the tires pop right in front of the place where the patch ceremony is being held.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Eleanore.
Ahh, a burglar! Take what you want, but please don't chop my legs off!
- Cool Old Guy: Whitey.
- Disney Creatures of the Farce: The deer aren't hostile at all, but they're a big source of toilet humor.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After losing a bet to Davey (which meant eating another basketball player's jock strap), he decides to burn down his trailer. Considering that the jock strap is still in his mouth when he burns down the trailer, he didn't even think that it tasted bad.
- Hook Hand: "I wonder if that guy ever wiped his ass, with the wrong hand?!" "Yes..."
- "I Am" Song
- In the Style Of: Though the two films are way different, the film's animation design is amazingly similar to the style used in another animated movie, The Iron Giant, as most of the animation crew worked on both movies.
- Ink Suit Actor: Adam Sandler... ANIMATED!
- "I Want" Song
- Jerkass: Davey. Best shown when he knocks Whitey down while he's in a outhouse then freezing him along with the nastiness.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Davey becomes this by the end of the movie after his parents posthumously explain that they didn't want him to change who he was.
- Multi Boobage: "Even Mrs. Selman with the one extra breast!"
- Musicalis Interruptus: "And my trailer's caught on fire... FIRE?!"
- My God, What Have I Done?: All of the townspeople. IN SONG!
- Product Placement: The mall scene.
- Spontaneous Choreography: It's to be expected from a movie that's basically a series of musicals.
- Talking to Himself: Aside from Davey, Sandler also voices Whitey and Eleanore.
- Toilet Humor: A fair bit throughout. For instance, a deer "projectile shits" from laughing so hard. There's also Whitey's port-a-potty ride, followed by him being frozen along with the foulness before the deer of all things bail him out.
- Transsexual: The mayor's wife. Though she looks more like a very obvious Cross Dresser.
- Two Scenes, One Dialogue: Or in this case, multiple scenes all singing in chorus.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: "See anything?" "Just some deer doing a pyramid."
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Said several times about Davey.