|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- 1 Main Characters
- 2 Nina Delacroix
- 3 Layla Delacroix
- 4 Chloe Love
- 5 Brooke Lynn
- 6 Kade Whiteclaw
- 7 Ace Wolfhart
- 8 Blair
- 9 Villains
- 10 The Hellrune Coven
- 11 Cessily (Cess) and Laura
- 12 Queen Lamia Asra-pa Quintessa and Mr. Boodles
- 13 Minor/Recurring Characters
- 14 Tiffany Winters
- 15 Maria Delacroix
- 16 Professor Twigitt
- 17 Mr. Wolfhart
- 18 Eleanor
- 19 Becky
- 20 Diodore Renoir
The main character (sort of). A young vampire born on Easter, she feeds on chocolate instead of blood.
- A-Cup Angst: Is beginning to develop this.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Behaves in a very juvenile manner, and is just plain bizarre.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: In Layla's eyes.
- Buxom Is Better: She believes that she needs bigger boobs to attract Kade.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Cute Monster Girl
- Decoy Protagonist: Now that the others are getting major subplots.
- Genki Girl: So. Much.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Chloe, and possibly others, seems to see Nina as this, though there are hints that there is something darker within (Sisterly Love arc). Other characters have acted to shield her from darker, or at least more mature, things.
- Multicolored Hair
- Older Than They Look: Nina is 14, but she looks and acts like as if she was about half of her age.
- Sweet Tooth: As mentioned above she feeds on chocolate not blood.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Well, chocolatarian
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Nina's older sister, determined to make Nina drink blood.
- Ambiguously Bi
- Bad Liar: Count the number of times here. If Tiffany wasn't so easily distracted, she might've noticed some of those slip-ups.
- Big Sister Instinct: "You. Made. My. Little sister. CRY!"
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Justified, as Kade is a bit of a Casanova.
- Cool Big Sis: When she wants to be.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fan Service: Always is, but she invokes it when she wants Kade to do something for her.
- Femme Fatale / Fille Fatale: Tries to be this.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: After being Mistaken for Gay, she often finds the need to insist that she's not a lesbian.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Layla falls victim to this repeatedly. During the Chloe-zombie scare, she was preapared to ditch Chloe and the others, believing it was "their problem", but forgot she was covered in Chloe's pheromones too and wound up eating her words. Whoops.
- Later, at Nina's slumber party, she volunteers Ace and Brooke for surprise makeovers. Brooke pays her back on the next page and the resulting catfight lands her in hot water with her mother.
- Oh and the liqour she pilfered from her dad's stash? She tricks Nina into drinking it, causing her to become sick and throw up. Guess who winds up on cleaning duty?
- Les Yay: With Brooke and Tiffany.
- The Nicknamer: Baroness or Blondie for Chloe, Serpentor for Brooke, Dog and Mutt for Ace. And Fruit Loops for Tiff-ghost.
- Shiny Midnight Black
A succubus, who considers herself to be ugly by succubus standards (though she acknowledges that she's pretty by human standards), despite her many admirers.
- A-Cup Angst: At first. Then she grew to an E-cup.
- Alpha Bitch Wannabe: Ever since aquiring the Doom Panties. She's determined to take all Layla has, especially after Layla ruined her plans for Dio by humiliating her!
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: Of the resentment variety.
- Blind Without'Em
- Chessmaster: Or at least better than Layla, though her finish with Kade was obvious and heavy-handed. It's unlikely Dio is going to miss his fiance Layla's revealing how she really feels. But will a rich, handsome vampire from a good family really want a soul-devouring succubus?
- Guy Magnet
- Hair of Gold
- Heel Realization: Chloe wakes up without the Doompanties, is told Nina held her hand through the night, and that Brooke and Seth were with her through it too. She has a My God, What Have I Done? look on her face and Inelegant Blubbering later as she hugs them both.
- Horny Devil: More so when she's drunk.
- I'm Not Pretty: She thinks she's a "total failure" as a succubus despite seeing her makes male half of the school close to drool and Blair risks to damage his doll body by Eye Pop. Adora does indeed make her look like an awkward teen in comparison, but Chloe is far from fully developed yet.
- Love Makes You Evil: Her crush on Layla's fiance Dio is what spurs her to commit evil things after accidentally putting on the Doom Panties before she is truly ready for them, unleashing a Super-Powered Evil Side.
- Magic Kiss: Gets one by Seth to wake her up from a dream with Dio after she passes out declaring she "won't go back."
- Master of Disguise / Mistress of Illusion: Her latest Doom Panty related superpower. She's used it to disguise herself as Layla to get Mr. Purvis to greenlight her party.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Nice Girl
- Stephen Ulysses Perhero
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Under the influence of the Doom Panties.
- Tempting Faith: Is she ever! She and her Girl Posse have set their sights on Faith's boyfriend, Ash! If you-know-who gets wind of it, Layla may be the least of their concerns!
- Took a Level In Badass / Took a Level In Jerkass: coming into her powers as a Succubus prematurely thanks to donning the Doom Panties..
- Youthful Freckles
A melusine. She can turn into a snake monster, but resents her monster form and tries to hide it. Generally laid-back and cool, but confused and shy when it comes to romance.
- A-Cup Angst: a mild case, but it's there.
- Bifauxnen: As seen in the Distracted by My Own Sexy entry below.
- Bi the Way
- Boyish Short Hair
- Covert Pervert: She's just looking for "evidence". Honest.
- Deadpan Snarker: See for yourself.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: Brooke was totally checking herself out in Ace's old uniform.
- Feather Boa Constrictor: She almost always wears her pet snake, Seth around her neck.
- Foil: To Layla, as seen in the preceding link.
- Les Yay: In moments like these with Layla.
- Only Sane Girl: There's Cloudcuckoolander Nina, Jerkass Layla, Casanova Kade, Guy Magnet Chloe and Gender Bended Ace. And then there's Brooke.
- Punny Name: Say it fast.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: despite all the jokes about Brooke looking like a boy, and her tomboyish behavior, she's defintely all woman... when she tries.
- Ship Tease: with Layla and Ace!
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Shrinking Violet: She's usually confident, but she's very shy about romance and prone to suddenly disappearing when she acts on it.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: As a result of the 'Skittles incident'.
A Catboy. He's Layla's boyfriend, and the object of Nina and Brooke's affections.
- Attractive Bent Gender: Well, from Catboy to Catgirl pretty much insures this.
- Cat Smile: Well, duh.
- Chick Magnet: Pretty much every girl in the school wants him.
- And as this page shows, his gender bended self might be a Guy Magnet.
- Gender Bender: It's not like he didn't deserve it.
- Henpecked Boyfriend: Layla's.
- Hopeless Suitor: Ace's. Hopeless, for a... good reason.
- Laser-Guided Karma: His wandering eye comes back to bite him in the ass.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Male Gaze: Was previously stated to have a cute butt as a boy. It carried over.
- Mismatched Eyes: He has a blue right eye and a yellow left eye.
- Nice Guy
- Something Else Also Rises: We don't normally see his cat ears, but...
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: In addition to acting a lot like a Clingy Jealous Girl in the grips of Love Makes You Dumb concerning Layla, Kade becomes quite a bit bitchier in female form, acting like a completely inconsiderate Jerkass to Melissa and starting to get distracted by the first attractive guy to walk by.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy / White-Haired Pretty Girl
A werewolf, and Nina's unwilling friend. Changed into a girl by an artifact, but seems to have reverted.
- Attractive Bent Gender
- Butt Monkey: Always seemed to get the short end of the stick, though since his recovery from the Orb, life seems to have picked up for him a bit, to the point that he and Brooke seem to have hooked up successfully (based on the bonus feature in the print edition).
- Deadpan Snarker
- Embarrassing Nickname: Nina calls him "Puppy!".
- Fan Nickname: After he was turned into a girl, some fans called him Grace.
- Gender Bender: For almost half the strip by the time it's reversed.
- Fan Service Pack: When he is restored to a male body, he gets taller and fills out a bit, (and he loses the furry hands for good)!
- Nice Guy
- No Periods, Period: Averted by girl Ace here.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: After becoming a girl, he is not only attracted to boys, but also wants to "go to the mall and buy cute outfits and stuff".
Professor Twigitt: I've never had those urges. That's just you.
Nina's doll, possessed by a pervy dude.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To everyone.
- All Men Are Perverts
- Creepy Doll: Oh yes.
- Cruel to Be Kind
- Hidden Depths: There seems to be more going on than first thought. Why he suddenly has this dark scene has led to a lot of WMGing.
- Panty Thief
- Spanner in the Works:
- He stole the Orb Of Tiresias to put the whole school into a major gender-bending that almost turned the school into his own paradise of blonde buxom bimbos, even Nina.
- When told the Doompanties were the rarest panties in the universe, he stole them off of Chloe, not caring if he lost the Heaven he was in with her.
The Hellrune Coven
- Alpha Bitches: Melissa's the trope image for a reason.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Blond Brunette Redhead: Melissa, Jacqui, Cerise
- Cute Witches
- Pyrrhic Villainy: The Orb of Tiresias fiasco gets them transferred to a new school, costing them their "Alpha Bitches" status and benefits.
- Spin-Off: Magick Chicks
- Terrible Trio
- Attractive Bent Gender: When she temporarily gets turned into a guy, Jacqui asks if she's doing anything after school. Whether or not Jacqui was kidding is up for debate.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Black Best Friend: To Melissa and Cerise.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She's showing signs of this in Magick Chicks, where she used a Glamour spell to cast an illusion of herself as Sandi, while making a tree appear to be her. The result? Her opponent KO'd themselves... just as planned.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Readers and the characters in-universe seem split between whether she's really a Ditz, or just pretending to be.
- The Ditz: Perhaps, perhaps not.
Cessily (Cess) and Laura
After the Hellrune coven is sent to a different school, these two plot to become the new Alpha Females. While Chloe is wearing the Doompanties, she transforms the two into succubi to boost her power.
- Alpha Bitch: Aspiring Alpha Bitches, anyway.
- Breast Expansion / Gag Boobs: Recently, both girls were given breasts by Chloe about the same size as Chloe had before she reduced them thanks to the Doompanties. This was to get some A-list students to come to Chloe's in-school party when the two girls invited them.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?
A Snow Fairy
- An Ice Person
- Laser-Guided Karma: She talked about having Chloe's E-cup breasts done in school colors, then rigging Chloe's bra to pop open and flash the football team. Cess is shocked when they see Chloe with smaller breasts (Chloe was tired of having to lug around those massive breasts). Eventually, Cess and Laura both get E-cups of their own thanks to Chloe, and Cess realizes how heavy they were.
- And another piece of it when after she'd gotten used to them, they left once the Doompanties were sealed back in their box.
- Only Sane Man: Much more sensible than Laura.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Cess can change her hand and part of her arm to be an ice-based hammer to knock some sense into Laura when she thinks Cess should dye her hair red.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Burning with Anger: Her temper causes Power Incontinence for her.
- Buxom Is Better: She was happy with her new breasts. Until she lost them when the Doompanties were relocked into their box.
- The Ditz
- Dumb Blonde
- Playing with Fire
Queen Lamia Asra-pa Quintessa and Mr. Boodles
A vampire queen and her cat. Lived a long time before the story starts. Ace and Nina have to do a report on her.
- Formally-Named Pet: Mr. Boodles.
- Ambiguously Gay: Or bi. Take your pick.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny: Would have staked Layla by now, but keeps getting interrupted by how well they get along.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: In her ghost form.
- The Ditz
- Dumb Blond
- Expy: It's very clear who she wants to be. Just look at her name.
- Foe Yay: Layla will be hers! Her first kill, not...well, it's hard to say.
- Friendly Enemy: Very one-sidedly toward Layla, who only knows Tiffany as a friend.
- Gets taken to the extreme in the Magick Chicks crossover, where she pulls a Big Damn Heroes by saving Faith from a bloodlusted Layla. At the same time, she couldn't bring herself to stake Layla either. So she took a third option by allowing Layla to feed on her to calm her down!
- As of now, they've officially become best friends. Their cameo in Vampire Cheerleaders shows them hanging out together, over a game of Rock Band.
- The Hunter: Comes from a family of monster hunters, and is still dedicated to staking Layla even after befriending her. Fortunately, she's easily distracted.
- Large Ham: Oh so much.
Tiffany: (thinking) At last! Fate has delivered my worst enemy into my hands! VENGEANCE SHALL BE MINE!!! Wait... not "vengeance". What's the one heroes get? Oh right. JUSTICE SHALL BE DONE!!!
- Also this gem, concerning her big showdown with Layla.
Tiffany: (envisions herself battling Layla) "It shall be so epic, it would fill up 4 volumes of a manga!!"
- Les Yay: LOADS with Layla.
- Not So Different: You know, for a girl who's supposed to be Layla's "archenemy", she seems to have alot in common with her. Including: fashion, bands... and games!
- Squee: Her reaction to Layla inviting her to go to a concert with her.
- Third Person Person: When she's in Slayer Mode.
- Unknown Rival: At first. Layla still doesn't know about the "rival" part.
- Wrong Genre Savvy
Nina and Layla's mother. She's apparently had 13 children.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Justified, since she's a vampire.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: As either sister will happily tell you. See Lesbian Vampire and Too Much Information.
- Hot Mom: She does not look like a woman who's had 13 kids.
- Lesbian Vampire: Not exactly, but she apparently went through a "phase" with Adora Love, who happens to be Chloe's mom. This causes her to be very... friendly... towards Chloe.
Maria: Of course! Adora Love's daughter!
Maria: It's okay, girls! You're just going through a phase. I went through the same phase, myself. With Chloe's mother!
A teacher at Charybdis Heights.
- Celibate Eccentric Genius: She's fairly attractive, yet doesn't seem to have an interest in romance. Likely because of her "other" interest.
- Cool Teacher
- Mad Scientist: Professor is always happy to meet some guinea pigs... sorry, test subjects.... er... students. What did you expect from a supposedly human Science teacher at Charybdis Heights?
- Tomboy: Implied, anyway.
Girl!Ace: And I want to go to the mall and buy cute outfits and stuff...
- Open-Minded Parent: When Ace goes to school as a boy and comes home as a girl...
Mr. Wolfhart: (Glomps Ace) I've always wanted a daughter!
The Delacroix's housekeeper. It's unknown what she is, just that she looks kinda like an owl and is creepy.
- Creepy Housekeeper: She's nice, though. Just strange-lookin'.
- French Maid: Dresses like one. Subverted in that she's anything but sexy.
- Kindly Housekeeper
- Bad Boss: In Tiffany's eyes-- in reality, she just wants Tiffany to, you know, do her job.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: At the mercy of Layla's-Body!Nina. Blair's taking advantage. Also, Layla brainwashed her into giving Tiffany a raise.
- Only Sane Employee: Considering that she's working with Tiffany, this isn't hard to do.