|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A series of gay-themed movies released in 2004, 2006, 2009, and 2011. On the teaser for the third movie, it was advertised as "The first gay trilogy... if you don't count Lord of the Rings"
The first movie is about Caleb, a straight guy who after breaking up with his girlfriend Tiffany, pretends to be gay to get the Fag Hag Gwen, and Kyle, Caleb's roommate and best friend, plotting to use the situation to get Marc, which is Gwen's best friend.
The second movie, dubbed "Sloppy Seconds" introduces Troy, the new kid in town, and shows Kyle and Marc, who break up just for the sake of the plot, both trying to get to him first. It also includes a subplot about an ex-gay movement Kyle and Troy join. By the end, Troy ends with Tiffany, and Gwen becomes a lesbian.
The third movie, dubbed "All you can eat", is about Tiffany helping Casey, Kyle's cousin, to get together with Zach, the hot guy in turn, using a fake profile with pictures of her ex (one different than Troy and Caleb). There's also a lot of guys trying to get Zach, and a crazy chinese girl who attacks everyone.
The fourth movie, dubbed "Drama Camp," follows Casey and Zach as they go to Dick Dickey's Drama Camp. We meet a character named Benji who Zach immediately falls for. Benji pretends to be straight to not upset Casey and Zach's relationship. Of course, Romance Ensues. There's also a subplot about a straight guy and a transexual person.
These movies provide examples of:
- Ascended Extra - Tiffany qualifies. (Her role in the first movie was minor, but for the third ones is the only remaining member of the original cast)
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Gwen.
- Bus Crash - Marc and Kyle. And HOW.
- Butch Lesbian - Violet might be one, although she is not that butch.
- Camp Gay - Kyle.
- Cast Full of Gay - Always.
- Cure Your Gays - The whole Coming-In subplot in the second movie.
- Daydream Surprise - All the opening scenes.
- Estrogen Brigade Bait - Practically all the male cast in all three movies, but Caleb, Troy and Zach are the guiltiest ones.
- Faux Yay - Caleb on the first movie. On the second Kyle tries Faux Straight.
- Killed Off for Real - Kyle and Marc between second and third movie
- Mistaken for Gay - Caleb. Then he goes with it farther than he would expect.
- Naive Newcomer - Troy and Casey.
- No Bisexuals - Everyone's reaction when Troy says to be one.
- Put on a Bus - Caleb in the second movie, Troy in the third.
- Right Through His Pants - Most notably, the first scene of the first movie.
- Sequelitis - Specially for "Sloppy Seconds", according to IMDB.
- Shirtless Scene - More than anyone can count.
- Sorry, I'm Gay - Caleb to Tiffany.
- Straight Gay - Could apply to Marc.
- Suddenly Sexuality - Gwen at the end of the second movie.
- The Other Darrin - Brett Chuckerman played Marc on "Sloppy Seconds", because Ryan Carnes was too busy playing another gay guy in Desperate Housewives to take the role again.
- Title Drop - Happens twice in the first movie.
- Twofer Token Minority - Octavio in the second movie (Latino and gay)
- You Are What You Hate - Jacob in "Slopppy Seconds".