|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This year, there will be no resurrection.
Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! (yes, that is the title) is a 2006 Slasher Movie.
Lowlife thug Remington Rashkor has managed to charm his way into the life of Mindy Peters, a single mother (her husband Donald died years earlier) whose son Nicholas is severely intellectually handicapped. While he loves Mindy, Remington hates Nicholas (feelings which are reciprocated) and abuses him in secret; since she is head over heels for him, Mindy fails to notice anything negative about Remington, who she leaves in charge of Nicholas (who had recently gotten a pet rabbit, which Remington enjoys threatening, from a wandering bum) on Easter, due to being called in to do a double shift at work. No longer needing to behave with Mindy gone, Remington orders Nicholas to his room, and decides to throw an "Easter party" with guests that include drug dealing pedophile Ray Mann, and a pair of prostitutes named Brooke and Candy. As this is going on, disgruntled laborer Jorge (who was doing construction work on the Peters house) decides to break in and rob the place with help from his wife Lupe, and an acquaintance named B.F.
With all these assholes gathering in one place, is it any wonder the attention of an Easter Bunny mask wearing, power tool wielding psycho is drawn? This mysterious killer evidently does not like how Nicholas has been mistreated, does not like it at all, and so they decide to clean house...
A throwback to exploitative cinema (look at that artwork over there on the right) the film was, upon being released a few years after completion, met with surprisingly decent reviews, despite its sleazy nature and obvious low-budget (plastic sheets are everywhere, due to the house it is set in being "under construction").
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adults Are Useless: Seems to be the case with Mindy, until it's revealed she's the killer.
- Alliterative Name: Remington Rashkor.
- Anachronism Stew: The house has a record player, a rotary telephone and... an Ipod.
- Animal-Eared Headband: Nicholas's rabbit ears.
- Asshole Victims: The only non-asshole victims are the liquor store clerk Remington robs, (debatably) Brooke and Candy, and Jorge, Lupe, and B.F. who are only breaking into the house to get back their tools.
- Though it's pretty heavily they intend on ransacking the place.
- Auto Erotica: During the drive back to the house, Remington, Brooke and Candy screw around a little in the car.
- Beam Me Up, Scotty: It's just a costume, the killer is not a humanoid rabbit monster, ala Kottentail or Peter Rottentail.
- Berserk Button: Mindy's is Nicholas being called retarded.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Nicholas's rabbit gets covered in blood.
- Broomstick Quarterstaff: Candy gets a broomstick handle shoved down her throat.
- Chainsaw Good: Jorge's death.
- Los Angeles: Remington's hometown.
- Camping a Crapper: Averted. Turns out Brooke was just knocked out.
- Cassandra Truth: Nicholas.
- Cast as a Mask: A guy named Wolf Dangler actually played the killer.
- Cat Scare: Candy dropping a glass while in the kitchen.
- Chekhov's Gun: The power tools lying around the Peters house.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are: Said by Ray, when he's looking for Nicholas.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Well, most of the murders are committed with stuff you'd find in a toolbox.
- Curtain Camouflage: The plastic sheets left all over the house (due to construction) are used in this manner.
- Death by Mocking: Remington, and Jorge and Lupe.
- Decapitation Presentation: Done with Lupe's severed head.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The flashback showing the Peters' home life ten years ago.
- Depraved Homosexual: Ray.
Remington: "I'm gonna go get some girls for the party."
Ray: "Ladies, huh? Whatever floats your boat..."
- Developing Doomed Characters: And how!
- Direct to Video
- Disposable Sex Workers: Brooke and Candy.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Candy, a prostitute, is killed by having something violently rammed down her throat.
- Domestic Abuser: A flashback shows Mindy's husband Donald was abusive.
- Dramatic Unmask: When Remington walks in on the killer stabbing Brooke to death.
- Drop the Hammer: B.F. is messily beaten with one.
- Dumb Muscle: B.F.
- Easter Bunny: Nicholas vehemently believes in him.
- Enemy Rising Behind: Done right before Brooke's death.
- Evil Cripple: Ray uses a pair of crutches to get around.
- Evil Laugh: Remington occasionally lets one out.
- Evil Overlooker: The above promotional artwork.
- Eye Scream: Ray gets knifed in the eye.
- Fan Disservice: Remington's ass shot.
- Fan Service: The entire purpose of Brooke and Candy. Well, that and fodder.
- Fat Bastard: Along with needing crutches, Ray is quite obese.
- Femme Fatalons: While he never uses them in a fight, Ray has some unusually sharp, nasty looking fingernails.
- Fingore: While Ray is writhing around as the killer attacks him, some of his aforementioned fingernails break off. Jorge also loses some fingers while being slashed with a buzz saw.
- Fluffy the Terrible: The Bunny Killer.
- For the Evulz: Presumably Remington's reason for shooting the completely cooperative liquor store clerk in the opening.
- Freak-Out: Nicholas's tantrums.
- Fun with Acronyms: Newstation KRAP 37.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: When Brooke goes into hysterics, Remington smacks some sense into her.
- God Is Dead: Remington says this to the begging store clerk he robs before shooting him.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Gory Discretion Shot: Used when the store clerk is shot in the mouth; his brains are shown splattering on the countertop.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck: Mindy, who uses words like "Hades" and "bulldink".
- Gratuitous Spanish: Jorge and Lupe sometimes lapse into it.
- Guess Who I'm Marrying
- Hair-Raising Hare
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Jorge fails to hear B.F. being attacked due to them.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The killer uses Remington's own shotgun to block the front door.
- Hollywood Darkness: Averted.
- Hookers and Blow: Remington's idea of an Easter party.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday
- Hospital Hottie: Mindy works as a nurse.
- Hot Mom: Mindy.
- Hysterical Woman: Brooke, briefly.
- Improvised Weapon: Remington beats the wounded and erratic B.F. to death with a flashlight. The killer later impales Candy through the mouth with a broomstick handle.
- In the Hood: Part of the killer's outfit. The wandering vagrant also has one.
- Kavorka Man: Remington.
- Kick the Dog: If puppy soccer was a sport, Remington would be one of the greats.
- The Killer Becomes the Killed: Remington.
- Knife Nut
- Knight Templar Parent: Mindy.
- Large Ham: Remington.
- Man On Fire: Donald, in a flashback sequence.
- Motive Rant: See Knight Templar Parent above.
- Murderer POV
- Neck Snap: Remington continually threatens to break Nicholas's pet rabbit's neck.
- Nice Hat: Yeah, he's a creepy pedophile, but Ray's hat is admittedly a nice one.
- Not Quite Dead: Turns out the killer failed to completely hammer the life out of B.F. Remington ends up finishing the job with a flashlight.
- Not What It Looks Like: When Remington walks in on Nicholas playing with his rabbit under a blanket, he at first assumes he's having A Date with Rosie Palms.
- Off with His Head: Lupe's death.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: B.F.'s real name (Jesus Ferrer) is only mentioned in the credits.
- Oral Fixation Fixation: Brooke's almost constant gum chewing.
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Corpses are left littered throughout the house.
- Porn Stache: Jorge.
- Pretty in Mink: Brooke and Candy.
- Reaction Shot
- Red Herring: Nicholas and Donald.
- The Reveal: The killer is Mindy. Also, the vagrant who gave Nicholas the rabbit was his believed dead father.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Nicholas's pet rabbit.
- Samus Is a Girl: The killer.
- Scars Are Forever: Donald's burns.
- The Scourge of God
- Second Face Smoke: Remington does it to Jorge as part of his intimidation of the latter.
- Shout-Out: Faster Pussycat, Kill! Kill!
- Slashed Throat: Remington's death.
- Stocking Filler: Brooke.
- Streetwalker: Brooke and Candy.
- Surrogate Soliloquy: Nicholas holds conversations with his rabbit.
- This Is a Drill: Ray gets a frickin' huge one right through the head.
- Title In: Easter Eve and Easter Day.
- Too Much Information:
Ray: "I can photograph him, right?"
Remington: "Sure, what the fuck do I care."
Ray: "I can let him piss on my face just to see where it comes from."
Remington: "... Don't... don't sicken me."
Ray: "Sorry, excited. I forget my manners from time to time."
- Turn of the Millennium: It doesn't feel like it though.
- Unusual Dysphemism: Ray can't wait to get some "boy pussy".
- What Would X Do??: Mindy tells Nicholas that whenever he gets angry, he should stop and think "What would Jesus do?"
- White Mask of Doom: The Easter Bunny mask.
- Your Cheating Heart: Remington cheating on Mindy with a pair of prostitutes does not win him any karma points.
- You're Not My Father: Nicholas, to Remington.