|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Earthbound Legends (full title: Earthbound Legends (Oh, And Poo)) is an
awesome mediocre lame So Bad It's Good screw it, you decide Sprite Comic parody of Earthbound hosted by Starmen.net. It more-or-less follows the main storyline of the game, as Ness is woken up by a meteor and is launched into a bizarre adventure involving Psychic Powers and incompetent alien adversaries. Will he be able to find his other allies around the world and save the earth?
At only thirteen episodes at the time of this writing, the comic is still in its infancy, but the author would like to reassure you that the comic will not die unless he does. (Unfortunately, the author had a Flip-Flop of God, but what's there is still there.)
Tropes found in this work:
- Affectionate Parody: Of Earthbound.
- My Friends and Zoidberg: It's in the title!
- Ascended Extra: Picky Minch. Lampshaded during the Frank battle.
"What's that blond kid doing here!?"
- Critical Existence Failure: In Episode 12, Frank's mech explodes after a stick is thrown at it. Ness lampshades it in Episode 13, explaining the concept to Picky and even mentioning the trope by name.
- Fan Web Comic
- Made of Explodium: Frank's mech.
- Psychic Powers: Inevitable, considering the source material.
- Rule of Funny: Some things in the comic probably didn't happen that way in Earthbound. Such as Lardna Falcon Punching Buzz-Buzz.
- Shout-Out: Picky learns the utterly useless AMUT spell from Final Fantasy. Also contains a thinly-veiled reference to Fobbies Are Borange.
- Serious Business: In Episode 9, a shark complains about how the other cheats by spamming the same move over and over. The other then says and I quote "I hope you are aware that video games are the new politics. Bringing up the "correct" way to play a game is an excellent way to get yourself lynched; after all, entertainment is SERIOUS BUSINESS!"
- Sprite Comic
- ↑ #13 is not up yet, due to confusion with the section maintainer