The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: The final boss theme, the regular boss theme, the ocean theme.
- Demonic Spiders: Many enemies can be this, but the Tyrannosaurus and Omosaurus are the worst of the bunch, being able to cause massive damage very quickly, and also being nearly unbeatable if you're not tall enough.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Might Makes Right. Genocide is the right thing to do if it clears the way for your own species. Evolution's a bitch.
- Freud Was Right: YouTube commenters have had a field day with the final boss.
- Goddamned Bats: Trilobites in the Fish Age chapter, most flying enemies if you're not a bird, and the monkeys and dino-people in the final chapter.
- Moment of Awesome: It would be a cop out to say the whole damn thing, but evolving to the strongest possible level and absolutely curb-stomping that one enemy you could never defeat before? Just great.
- Nightmare Fuel: Bolbox can be this sometimes. The level with the cockroaches borders on it as well. As for the Queen Bee's face... ouch.
- Older Than They Think: The SNES game itself is HEAVILY based on a much older game by Almanic called 46 Okunen Monogatari: The Shinka Ron ("4.6 Billion Year Story: The Theory of Evolution"), released only in Japan in 1990 on a very obscure home computer called the PC-9801. E.V.O might even be considered a heavily-downgraded port, which is odd because as we all know, the SNES can handle some pretty epic RPGs.
- Tear Jerker: The death of the father amphibian and the extinction of the dinosaurs are surprisingly heartbreaking.
- The same could be said when the son of the yetis in the Ice Age finds that his father and mother are dead by your fault. It's somewhat shocking by the survival of the fittest thing.
- The scene where all the meteors crash down on the planet's surface, ushering in a new age results in ALL THE DINOSAURS BEING BEATEN TO DEATH. The worst part is at the very end where the camera stops panning over all the dinosaurs that you have been fighting only to focus on the ONE DINOSAUR that asked you for help. And what do you see? The mother styracosaurus curled up around her baby that you had saved, trying in vain to keep it alive. Fade to black...
- That One Boss: Fucking yeti.
- Which of the three yetis? The father yeti is somewhat problematic, but the mother and the son's descendant are the most problematic ones, especially the son's descendant, when you have to fight with him in the last segment of the game.
- The giant outside Bolbox's cave, the shark at the beginning and the Cockroach of Bolbox. The bosses in this game are abnormally difficult.
- You may have a horrific time with the queen bee, even using cheat codes to stay alive.
- That One Level: Fort Bird-man and Entrance to Eden are often thought of as this due to their labyrinthine layout and annoying enemies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.