|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In Chaos and Eggnog, Timmy finds some gems in his basement and gives them to Jimmy, Danny and Spongebob as last-ditch Christmas presents. Unfortunately, it transpires that the gems are cursed, and Timmy is blamed. Eventually, the group end up going on a roadtrip to the source of the curse in order to break it.
The sequel, The Quest for the Orb of Power, which takes liberal inspiration from Indiana Jones, sees Dani crash into Danny's life again, badly destablised. Danny and Jimmy head into the Ghost Zone to find a cure, but end up trapped in a bizarre place that emulates the 1930s, along with Valerie and what appears to be Sam's clone, Sammie. Meanwhile, the other Nicktoons, Jazz, Sam and Tucker fight dragons.
In the third story, Stage Fright, Spongebob is chosen for the lead role in a play by a mysterious man, who gives him a cloak to help him with the role. Shortly after, people start to dissappear as Spongebob begins to feel the effects of the man's cloak. Meanwhile, Timmy is forced into the play to spy on the man.
The fourth story, A Day at the Lab, is currently in process.
Chaos and Eggnog
- Christmas Episode
- Dance Party Ending: At Vlad's house. Vlad is not amused.
- Deep South
- Did I Mention It's Christmas?
- Dreaming of a White Christmas: It snows in both Southern California and Memphis.
- Gratuitous Dutch: Zwarte Pete is a combination of the names Zwarte Piet and Black Peter.
- Santa Claus: He gets run out of a Deep South town!
- Taken for Granite: Danny and Sandy.
- The Cameo: Sokka.
- The Fifties: An important part of the backstory.
- The Man Behind the Man: It's mentioned that Vlad had something to do with Zwarte Pete targeting the Nicktoons.
- Took a Level In Badass: Mr. Turner, of all people, eventually defeats Zwarte Pete.
- When the Clock Strikes Twelve
The Quest for the Orb of Power
- Affectionate Parody
- A Nazi by Any Other Name: Black/grey uniformed soldiers led by a guy named The Leader? Where've we heard that before...
- Cool Gun: Sammie uses a Thompson modified as an ecto-weapon.
- Dirty Commies: Not named, but it's pretty obvious.
- Enemy Mine/Power of Trust
- Historical In-Joke: Stalin's cameo and the animosity between the not-Nazis and the not-Soviets.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Of Josef Stalin, of all people.
- Nice Hat: Danny aquires one.
- Rivals Team Up: Danny and Valerie work together (again.) This time they stayed teamed up, on account of Valerie working out who Danny is.
- Scaled Up: Prince Aragon, as you'd expect. Also Sam, as you may not.
- Taken for Granite: Ember.
- Tank Goodness: A Tiger tank upgraded to ghost-hunting standards is hijacked by the protagonists.
- The Quest
- And I Must Scream: Played with. It's left vague whether or not Danny is concious in doll-form, but the possibility is brought up.
- Battle in the Rain: The opening.
- Berserk Button: The Shadowed One has Spongebob mentally near destroyed. Then he threatens his friend. This turns out to be a bad move.
- Brits With Battleships: The soldiers in the prologue. Timmy wears their uniform in the play and the final battle.
- Creepy Doll
- Curb Stomp Battle: Timmy's first fight with the Shadowed One goes very badly.
- Darker and Edgier: The story is set to be darker then the other two, despite Spongebob being the lead character.
- Despair Event Horizon: The Shadowed One wants Spongebob to cross it. He very nearly succeeds.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Timmy gets one in 'rehearsal'. He's based on R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Implied in the prologue. It's promptly ruined by a British soldier intervening.
- Mental World: There's one emerging in Spongebob's mind.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- Shout-Out: "This is my Starflinger. There are many others like it, but this one is mine."
- Taken for Granite: Overlaps with Creepy Doll. This seems to be a running thing here.
- Took a Level In Badass: Spongebob takes one at the ending.
- War of 1812: The prologue uses it as backdrop.
- WTH? Casting Agency: In-universe. Spongebob is cast as the protagonist of a play, despite having never acted before.
A Day at the Lab
- Breather Episode
- For Science!: Jimmy's motivation for the 'game'.
- Took a Level In Jerkass: Jimmy. Played for laughs.