|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
It's the story of what happens following the shooting down of a British helicopter carrying singer Katherine Jenkins in Southern Iraq by a group linked to the Iranian government, and how that leads to both a war and a change of Prime Minister.
Because the author is also a troper, the only things that are spoiler tagged are things which haven't been posted in the actual thread yet.
Contains examples of:
- Alternate History: No surprise there.
- Epigraph: All the chapters open with a song lyric, usually connected in some way to what is going on.
- In Joke: The title of the in universe book about J4H comes from a comment the author made in a different thread regarding survivalist groups in the US.
- La Résistance: J4H see themselves this way.
- Literary Allusion Title: Some of the chapter titles.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Inverted, the only people who's full names are not shown are real people who aren't famous in real life.
- Scrapbook Story: To some extent. Most of the text is from a "present day" (about 2025) history book about the war, but there are sections from Harriet Harman's autobiography and Caroline Flint's diary.
- Shrug of God: Why Gordon Brown didn't seek the leadership after Tony Blair resigned.
- Titled After the Song: Well, after the album. Specifically Katherine Jenkins' Living a dream.
- Some chapter titles also qualify.
- Twenty Minutes Into the Future: The "present day" in the Timeline is about 2025.
- Unreliable Narrator: The (anonymous) author of the book about J4H, and Harman, in her autobiography.