|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basically, every damn time he grabbed a mic, as he's one of the best shooters in the industry. Also, any promo following his 2003 Face Heel Turn. ...Hell, just search for "The Rock Funny" on YouTube and have a blast for a few hours.
- All those times the Rock embarrassed Jonathan Coachman: forcing him to sing "Copacabana", dance the Charleston, and say his prayers, among other hilarious tasks. The Coach's ridiculously goofy compliance only adds to the comedy.
- As well as the fact that The Rock would be on such a roll that even Coach had trouble keeping a straight face while being clowned, as seen here.
- "Michael Cole, The Rock thinks you should go suck on a monkey's nipple ... well, go on! Go suck on a monkey's nipple! GO!"
- Before Coachman and Cole were even employed, The Rock's personal Butt Monkey was Kevin Kelly, who he'd often accuse of being an "ugly hermaphrodite". "Shut up, Hermie!"
- The Rock's "And God Spoke To Billy" promo, which not only unleashed the "IT DOESN'T MATTER" catchphrase to the world (which in turn led to several other great Rock comedy bits and Mick Foley's eventual subversion of the gag that got a 20-second standing ovation), but gains its status here by basically ending the idea of "Billy Gunn, main event prospect" in four minutes.
- "Billy Bitchcakes!"
- The Rock, Hulk Hogan, and Kane had to team up against the nWo (Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and X-Pac). The promo right before the match was comedy gold. Kane had been sliding out of his "Big Silent Giant" gimmick, but it was still hilarious to see him go from silent scary monster to mocking Hogan's and Rock's slogans. Take note of The Rock mouthing "Kanenites?" in confusion, it's easily the capper to the entire hilarious promo.
- The Rock / Hamburglar... I mean Hurricane Feud.
The Rock: Do you know what haku machente means?
The Hurricane: Well, apparently...from what I saw behind that curtain, it means "The Scorpion King got a tiny ding-a-ling".
The Rock: (screams) No! No! (scream) No! There's a reason why they call The Rock "The Rock". Oh yeah, (rubs leg) Easy, big fella!
- Even when he botches moves, the Rock is hilarious:
- The Rock's infamous "Sliding People's Elbow". When bouncing off the ropes for the last part of his People's Elbow, he slides from the ropes to the center of the ring, and looks totally shocked that he almost messed up.
- During a match with The Undertaker, The Rock went to do his People's Elbow. When he bounced off the ropes to deliver the final part of the move, The Undertaker sat up like he usually does...and the Rock kicked him in the chest to flatten him out and dropped the elbow anyway.
- His riffing on the "12 Days of Christmas" song to Test.
"Four Rock Bottoms, three People's Elbows on your two buck teeth, AND AN ASS-KICKING ALL OVER NEW ORLEANS!"
- During one promo, The Rock managed to get out-funny'd by Kurt Angle. Note The Rock's reaction as Kurt starts talking about "jugs of milk". According to Angle, he apparently just ad-libbed the promo, given how The Rock spends the rest of the segment grinning like he's trying not to outright laugh.
- When The Rock came back to Torooonn... ...Toronnnnn... The rest is up to you to watch.
- This and many more.
- Vince McMahon once placed The Rock as the special guest referee during a WWF Championship match between Triple H and the British Bulldog. The Rock detested both, and wasn't interested in giving either any sort of victory. At one point he knocked out HHH and when the Bulldog went to cover, The Rock went to make the count and well - "1...2...IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE ROCK COUNTS TO 3!!!!" He also played the Easily-Distracted Referee for all it's worth. Chatting up the fans at ringside while Triple H hit the Pedigree and covered. When he did see HHH hit the pedigree and cover, he was so awed by the Pedigree that he forgot to count, instead applauding HHH and offering him two thumbs up. The Rock spent most of the match just doing commentary. This is the match that gave the world the most electrifying sliding move in sports entertainment, the sliding People's Elbow.
- And as if it couldn't get more amusing, The Rock eventually knocked them both out, took the championship belt, rang the bell, and declared himself champion!
- Taking to task the other five combatants in a six-man Hell in a Cell match.
- The Rock speaks Swedish. And Chinese.
- Even after he turned heel in 2003, the Rock was just too damn funny to truly boo...as evidenced by his interview right before his match with Goldberg where he called him a "whisker-biscuit bald-headed bitch" and referred to Terri Runnels as "Lemon Panties".
The Rock: "The only thing the Rock hasn't done is make a white baby!"
- His Shut UP, Hannibal moment at Michael Cole: "You look like a drunk hobbit!"
- After a rather epic rant at John Cena, he finished it up with:
"The Rock is back to scratch a major itch, so enjoy your Fruity Pebbles you Yabba Dabba Bitch!"
- During the rant, he also had this gem of a line when talking about Cena's return shots at him.
"The Rock ain't no rapper, and clearly, neither are you."
- From a Birthday RAW, The Rock shutting Michael Cole up AGAIN.
"You drunk hobbit jackbag bitch!"
- He then Rock Bottomed Cole with a "Go Heat, Bitch!" followed by a People's Elbow. For context, Cole was wearing a Kevin Garnett jersey in Miami.
- September 27, 1999: The highest-rated segment of RAW ever. Mick Foley decided to give The Rock a birthday present, but it didn't quite turn out as planned... "THE ROCK: THIS IS YOUR LIFE!!!"
The Rock: The Rock's birthday is May 2nd, you stupid son of a bitch!
- And when Mick Foley did it again, with John Cena as the target this time, The Rock walks in, Rock Bottoms Foley, and leaves just as quickly.
- This interview before Wrestlemania 27. After he puts over the new talent for working so hard despite having to follow the Attitude Era, an interviewer brings up John Cena.
The Rock: Yeah, I'm gonna fuck him up! (grins) Heh...that was a lot of class I just brought to this interview.
- During Wrestlemania 27, The Rock had a backstage segment with Eve Torres and Mae Young where he cracked jokes regarding Mae's age. Unfortunately, the segment was overshadowed by its Crowning Moment of Awesome ending.
- On the special 3-hour Raw on 11/14/11, Rock simply walking down and giving Mick Foley a Rock Bottom (Foley had been overseeing a "John Cena, This Is Your Life" segment beforehand), and then leaving the ring has to be pretty damned hilarious.
- The Rock has a talk with "John Cena".
- The Rock hits on Lillian Garcia and the world is introduced to the "People's Strudel".
- The Rock teaching the people about the History of Boston.
The Rock: (to the tune of "Yankee Doodle Dandy") Johnny Cena went to town, riding on a pony... Rock stuck a feather up his ass and called him a jabroni!
- The Rock's rock concert on 3/12/2012, dissing Cena, Cena's fans who are grown men (calling them all nerds who dress like Kirk and Spock), and even Cena's mom. Even Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole start losing it towards the end. Behold!
- Rock drops his glasses.
- Mick Foley steals Rock's catch phrase.