|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Duke Nukem II is the second entry of the Duke Nukem videogame series.
Duke's actions in the first game drew the attention of the Rigelatins, an alien race who wanted to enslave the earth, captured him, and planned to use his brain to mastermind their attack. After breaking free from his cell, he takes the fight to the Rigelatins, trouncing them handily before returning home.
This game shows examples of:
- Attackable Pickup: The soda can, which can be shot to launch it upwards (at which point it becomes a score bonus) and the live turkey, which can be turned into roast turkey.
- Check Point: One in every stage.
- Collision Damage: Everywhere.
- Exploding Barrels: Boxes containing bombs, and barrels of radioactive waste.
- Hopping Machine: An one-eyed, one legged robot.
- In a Single Bound: Duke can jump about 1.5x his height.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: The Rigelatins' base is filled with treasure yielding (or trapped) boxes.
- One-Hit Polykill: The laser weapon.
- Real Men Watch Oprah
- Rocket Jump: To an extent, Flame Thrower.
- Score Screen: The games had tons of secrets and achievements that rewarded bonus points.
- Took a Level In Badass: Before this game, he wore a pink tanktop, had curly hair, watched Oprah and certainly did not go to strip clubs while drinking a beer.
- Utility Weapon: The flamethrower, which doubles as a jetpack when aimed downwards.