|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ducktalez is a flash and 3D animation series by Chris Ushko. A parody of DuckTales, the animations, which have crudely drawn versions of Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie, and others, and a badly drawn Duckburg, started as an animation test. However, when more animations were made, the quality of the animation and 3D got better, but the crude drawings of the characters and setting stayed the same, even when rendered in 3D. Animations can be found here:
- Adult Child: The Doctor (10th incarnation) in episode 5. When Dewey asks for his advice for the time travel situation, he messes around with his Sonic Screwdriver instead. During the stinger, he pretends his TARDIS is an automobile. He also shows up during the bowling montage in episode 7 and zaps Gizmoduck with his Sonic Screwdriver.
- Art Evolution: While the Ducktales characters still look as crappy as they did in the first Ducktalez, Vegeta has seen an incredible improvement between Episodes 3 (fairly well animated for a Flash cartoon in that age) and Episode 7 (professional-quality CG animation).
- Art Shift: In episode 3, when Vegeta pulls a Captain Ginyu on Scrooge McDuck. Vegeta gets Scrooge's animation style and Scrooge gets Vegeta's animation style. Dewey and Louie immeidately wonder why Scrooge looks crappy.
- Affectionate Parody: So much. Animations make fun of Resident Evil, Dragon Ball Z, The Matrix, The Dark Knight, the Terminator series, and more.
- Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever: Vegeta in episode 3, which was a power-up given to him by Julia Roberts.
- Badass Grandpa: Unca Scrooge not only fought the Head Zombie, but also managed to defeat Vegeta.
- Big Damn Heroes: When the head zombie cornered Scrooge, Louie and Dewey in episode 2, Huey showed up and killed the head zombie in one shot with a revolver.
- Big Red Button: In the cockpit of Robot Christopher Walken. Scrooge pressed it when the Cornmander got angry at him. It activated the secret move that finished off Vegeta.
- Call Back: In episode 3, things from episode 1 are referenced in episode 3.
- Vegeta not having control of Scrooge's flatulence problems.
- One of the nephews asking Scrooge to kick Vegeta in the crotch and Scrooge responds by saying there's a better solution.
- Scrooge cursing Vegeta with Swedish Fish by throwing it in Vegeta's face.
- Crack Fic: And how!
- Composite Character: Vegeta in episode 3 is a combination of Raditz (showing up on the planet and kidnapping the main character's relatives), Vegeta (arrogant bastard) and Captain Ginyu (used the body swap technique out of desperation.)
- Creepy Child: Webby in episode 2.
- Chase Scene: In episode 2, with The Monkees' "Last Train to Clarksville" playing over it. A bunch of funny background events occur during said chase.
- Day in The Limelight: episodes 4, 5 and 6 focus on the nephews and puts Vegeta and Scrooge Out of Focus.
- Dead Little Sister: Happened to Webby as a result of a Fusion Dance (mentioned in episode 3), but Webby came back as a zombie in episode 2.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Vegeta in episode 3
- Eva Fins: Robot Christopher Walken in episode 3.
- Fusion Dance: Done by Dewey and Louie.
- I Am the Trope: Obviously used by Darkwing Duck in Ducktalez 6: The Duck Knight when he is about to attack Hewey.
"I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the poo in your toilet! The poo in your microwave! The poo in your present! I am Darkwing... *Gets smothered in ice cream* Duck!"
- Idiot Hero: Both Unca Scrooge and Louie fit the bill.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Vegeta in episode 5, as a result of watching Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties with Scrooge in episode 4.
- Insane Troll Logic: Used in episode 6 to figure out Quackerjack's plan, as a reference to the 60's Batman series.
- Jump Scare: Webby in Ducktalez 2.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Set the Time Travel plot in episode 5 in motion.
- MacGuffin: The Lucky Dime in episode 3, as part of a set of magical stones that grant the owner immortality and great power if they are collected. However, during his Heroic BSOD, Scrooge gives it to Magica, who then uses it to buy bubblegum.
- Mind Screw: Pretty much the entire time travel concept in Ducktalez 5.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: At the end of Ducktalez 3, Vegeta is defeated by being thrown into the sun, which explodes the sun and covers the world in eternal darkness. Nobody seems to mind though. Every Ducktalez since then takes place at night.
- Noodle Incident: We never do find out how Webby died...
- They Killed Kenny: After Ducktalez 3, both Huey and Vegeta show up okay, in spite of them both having exploded.
- Once Per Episode: Launchpad getting kicked into the air by someone.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The head zombie in episode 2.
- Sadistic Choice: Done by Quackerjack in episode 6 with a pair of gondolas as a reference to The Dark Knight. However, the criminals blow up the gondola with the civilians 3 seconds in.
- Senseless Sacrifice: After Huey dies, Dewey laments "If only he hadn't blown himself up when I had a perfectly good rocket launcher right here."
- Stylistic Suck
- Token Human Human Alien: Vegeta after episode 3.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice cream.