|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In 1967, Scrooge McDuck was killed on his final adventure. his vast fortune was split between his three nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. By 1970 all three had become estranged from one another, having gone their separate ways, in argument about the best way to treat the fortune from their beloved uncle. However, Scrooge's company and indeed the whole world comes under danger from a madman, and the three nephews must come back together to save it.
A Mega Crossover Continuation Fic by Dot Dot Dot, starring Huey, Dewey, and Louie, written after a prompt on an Image Board. Despite the name, it involves much more than just Ducktales, eventually encompassing most of the rest of the Disney afternoon and a large portion of the Disney comics, both by Americans like Carl Barks and Don Rosa, and by various European sources.
The basic story involves Dewey, having taken over Scrooge's company, being forced to work together with his estranged brothers Louie, who went off to St. Canard to be a superhero, and Huey, who ran off around the world and eventually landed in Cape Suzette. They are chased out of Duckburg by a raid by the beagle boys, and are framed for the crime. This sets off a world-hopping adventure of cold-war era, sibling-rivalry fueled, high-flying fun.
- Continuation Fic: Of most of the Disney Afternoon canon and the comic book universe AND some of the classic cartoons.
- Mega Crossover: Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Goof Troop, The Three Caballeros, and the comics from both sides of the pond are unceremoniously glued together to form one continuity.
- The Korean War: Retconned in as the reason Donald Duck had to leave the boys with Scrooge during the "Ducktales" era, because he re-upped.
- Cold War: Going strong. The main conflict turns out to be a war profiteer trying to start World war three to turn a quick profit.
- Darker and Edgier: Cocaine-filled condoms are mentioned in the first chapter. This is not a light and fluffy story.
- Dirty Communists: The Thembrians from Tale Spin fill out this role nicely.
- Immortality Seeker: Living forever is the ultimate goal of the Grand High Marshall of Thembria
- Old Master: Donald Duck in his superhero identity PK, who kicks the asses of two out of three of the boys. Also, the original Gizmoduck, Fenton Crackshell.
- Superhero: Louie's side of the story in St. Canard features these in abundance.
- Super Registration Act: Occurs in St. Canard by Gizmoduck as a ham-fisted reference to Marvel's Civil War.
- Legacy Character: Several, including Darkwing Duck and Gizmoduck.
- Unstoppable Rage: When the boys channel their uncle Donald.
- Two-Fisted Tales: Referenced in the Huey portions of the story, which use elements from the Two-Fisted Tales reference mill Tale Spin.
- Nephewism: Huey, Dewey, and Louie, obviously. Also referenced with Rosalina, Maria, and Amalia, the three Neices of Jose Carioca.
- Vain Sorceress: Magica De Spell is re imagined as this in her latest scheme to get the number one dime.
- Pocket Protector: Scrooge's number one dime stops a bullet for Huey at the end. Well. It doesn't so much stop it as slow it down slightly. It still goes in, but doesn't kill him.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Farid Kagan, who is also the Big Bad.
- Inspector Javert: Perry Kid.
- Tenchi Solution: How does Huey react to having three girls on his tail throughout the whole story? With glee.
- Sibling Rivalry: Oh yeah!