The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The ending to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey would be a massive tearjerker if it wasn't such a gigantic Downer Ending that the resulting depression makes it nearly impossible to physically cry.
- And let's not forget the original; there wasn't one particular moment that this troper can remember, but the entire atmosphere of the second half of the game, when April is risking life and limb in a quest where her reward would be to shut herself off from the entire world for centuries, with no one she'd ever met knowing what had happened to her to be phenomenally depressing.
- This troper can remember one: the last scene, in which the old Guardian shrugs at April and essentially says, "Oops! Our mistake, you can go home now. Thanks anyway." After all the time spent telling April she's important to the fate of the world(s), it's a Player Punch to see her dismissed like that.
- The entire story of Faith...
- I don't know about you, but the fact that Emma has been searching for April for ten years and refuses to give up on her best friend or believe she is dead while we know they will never meet again is gut-wrenching to me.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.