|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Dream Mix TV World Fighters is, in very few words, what happened when Konami, Hudson Soft, and Takara decided to make a Mascot Fighter game together. Including a very particular roster characters that range from Simon Belmont to Bomberman to OptimusPrime, one can't help to feel that this game is a little bit... weird.
The story is simple yet convincing: There is a TvChannel (called DreamMix TV) that wants to get bigger ratings, so they invite different "celebrities" to participate and compete with each other. Enter the different characters from different companies.
- White Bomberman
- Master Higgins
- Yugo Ügami
- Momotarō (from Momotarō Densetsu)
- Sengoku Manjimaru (from Tengai Makyō II: Manjimaru/Kabuki Klash) (Hidden)
- Binbōgami (from, Momotarō Dentetsu) (Hidden)
- Optimus Prime Generation 1
- Tyson Granger
- Microman/bitron and Robotman (a toy, appeared in the Micronauts comic book)
- Licca-chan (A very popular Japanese doll, think of it as a Japanese Barbie)
- Aska (from COOL GIRL/Cy Girls)(Hidden)
- Megatron Generation 1 (Hidden)
Released in 2003 for the Game Cube and Play Station 2, this game never left Japan, so there is little chance for non-Japanese gamers to play it. In case you are want to see a little demo of the game, go here.
This game features the following tropes:
- Canon Foreigner - Haruna was not in any of the series, and was invented for this game in particular.
- Genki Girl: The female announcer. He quickly gets on the male announcer's nerves and is subject to her clumsiness.
- No Export for You - As mentioned above, this game never left Japan.
- Secret Character - there's two per company, adding up a total of six.
- The Unexpected: Pretty much anyone, but given his particular nature, Moai (who's only a flying head) is surely strange.
- Widget Series Let's just say this series is pretty "Japanese game-show"ish.