|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
The opening shot that takes the form of a forward travelling on the sea, with the camera slowly rising to give a view of the shore.
Examples of Dramatic Landfall Shot include:
- The Miramax Films Vanity Plate.
- The Day After Tomorrow
- U 2 Rattle And Hum (the documentary)
- Jurassic Park
- The Birdcage
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider the Cradle of Life
- Oceans Eleven, after the introductory scene.
- Snakes on a Plane
- The Lost Boys
- Brand New World, on the pseudo-helicopter.
- Quantum of Solace
- The closing shot of X2.
- Undercover Brother, when we see The Man's island fortress for the first time.
- Far And Away
- One or more of them Shark Attack movies.
- The DVD menu for Disney's Atlantis the Lost Empire.
- Stock Footage on CSI: Miami.
- Used to introduce the skyline of Caprica City in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica Reimagined.
- The opening of Need for Speed: Undercover, which is a parody of Hollywood action movies.
- The intro movie of The Curse of Monkey Island plays with this: The camera zooms towards the titular Monkey Island... then swerves to zoom in on a drifting bumper car with our hero.
- In Myst it's almost the opening shot of the entire game... as seen in a book.
- The opening of Front Mission Evolved.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.