|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Drakula is a Hungarian musical based off the the famous vampire story. It was put on by the Magyar Lovas Színház Komárom, and relies heavily on spectacle, which includes making great use of the theatre's live horses in the show.
It's very much a Pragmatic Adaptation, with many subplots and characters simply thrown out, while a few new ones are added, and much more attention payed to things that were minor in the book. Dr. Seward and Renfield don't exist at all, and Lucy's decision between her possible suitors (now only Quincey Morris and Arthur Holmwood) is a major part of the story.
The show premiered in 2007, and featured Edit Vörös as Mina, Balázs Nagy as Jonathan, Nikolett Gallusz as Lucy, and Tibor Pintér as Drakula.
- Brainless Beauty: Lucy is turned into one here.
- British Stuffiness: Amped up with Arthur.
- The Dead Can Dance: The vampires dance several times, but the best example of this is "A Holtak Ébredése".
- Fiery Redhead: Lucy isn't all too fiery on her own, but when compared with Mina...
- Hakuna Matata: "Szívkirály".
- Lady in Red: Lucy, after she gets sick. This is in contrast to Mina, who is the Woman in White.
- Leitmotif: The villagers have "Surran Az Árnyék", and Drakula has "Isten Útja Más".
- Ominous Music Box Tune: One plays during the verses of "Isten Útja Más".
- One-Woman Song: "Elizabetha".
- Pimped-Out Dress: The one Mina is wearing around town when she first meets the count.
- Pragmatic Adaptation
- The Professor: Van Helsing, of course.
- Rock Opera
- Shout-Out: The ending (different from the novel) is a shout out to Tanz der Vampire - As Mina and Jonathan embrace, him thinking she's safe, Mina suddenly reveals vampire fangs to the audience and bites him.
- The Three Faces of Eve: An interesting version of this, as two women take the roles: Mina is the mother, and Lucy is a combination of the child and the seductress.
- Triumphant Reprise: There are ones of both "Surran Az Árnyék" and "Az Út Vár" before the finale.
- Uberwald: Of course.
- Vampire Bites Suck
- Villainous Lament: "Isten Útja Más".
- Woman in White" Mina.