The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alas, Poor Villain: The first Cell Junior's death.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The beginning of the tournament's second day is celebrated with a musical performance by the Star Wars Cantina Band. Pan and Tapion enjoy the musical interlude, Bra, Frieza's family and Babidi do not. Zen Buu thought it was so bad that he demanded that they give their instruments to him so he could play it himself.
- Creator's Pet: U20 Broly and U16 Vegetto. Despite Universe 18 being the canon universe that we know and love, an irritatingly large focus is put on the fight between Vegetto and Broly, with the characters from Universe 18 going on and on about how powerful the two are. They exaggerate Broly's power, moving him from "extremely powerful" to "invincible" while in his Legendary Super Saiyan state.
- U16 Bra too, given that she's absurdly overpowered (to the point where Goku and Vegeta, the main characters of the original damn manga, worry that she may be stronger than them!), an absolute Jerkass to most other characters, gets praised even when she directly goes against orders and also receives an irritating amount spotlight alongside Vegetto.
- Fan Dumb: The fans who were outraged by the result of the Pan vs. Bardock fight. Despite the fact the difference of power should be really obvious.
- That, and the people cheering when Bojack killed a little girl because they don't like her GT character, even though GT doesn't exist in this continuity.
- Some other moments of Fan Dumb include vocal arguments of Vegetto's marriage and living arrangements with Chi-Chi and Bulma, how Bra at SSJ2 can injure her already half-dead father with a full power blast and, quite recently, how Cell was looking in the wrong direction.
- The talk about Power Levels. Every. Single. Page.
- U13 Vegeta's fight against Syd, besides fueling Ho Yay Shipping as hell, started a discussion in the French version about the treatment of homosexuality in Japan and, eventually, a discussion about Yamcha's supposed homosexuality.
- The fans who said that the Universe 8's plan to steal Dragon Balls was already over in page 524. Even though it was the very first page of the chapter, and you would expect Frieza to have a better plan than just send a mook to try to sneak past a mind-reading man roughly a million times your strength in broad daylight and in an obvious manner without cover or distraction.
- Filler: Despite giving the backstories of many universes, the Special Chapters in general get a lot of flack for NOT being about the tournament. To add fuel to the fire, are often the varied art styles different from the tournament chapters.
- Harsher in Hindsight: U16 Gohan's horrific murder at the hands of Majin Bra became this after Gohan's Latin American Spanish voice actor, Luis Alfonso Mendoza, was murdered along with his wife and brother-in-law a few weeks later.
- I Knew It!: Back when the #18 vs. Yamcha fight started, a few fans predicted that Yamcha was actually a cyborg. A few pages later, this was confirmed.
- Magnificent Bastard: U4 Buu, even more so than his original counterpart.
- Moral Event Horizon: U6 Bojack breaking U16 Pan's neck - in front of her family, no less.
- U16 Bra becomes completely and utterly irredeemable when it's revealed she willingly allowed herself to be majinized by U11 Babidi so that she could kill U16 Gohan, her own brother.
- Narm: The last panel of page 382.
- Android 16's fight is quite narmy.
- Nightmare Fuel: Pages 342 through 351.
- Rescued From the Scrappy Heap: To many, Pan, who was redesigned from her GT counterpart, being given more similarities to Kid Goku.
- Uub may also qualify. While it's true that he had a supporting role in GT, he quickly (and I mean quickly) became unimportant and something of a small fry. In DBM, he at least gets to show off a bit.
- The Super Saiyan 3 form. Its role in the original series was relatively minor, gets glossed over fairly quickly and is just impractical to use. On top of everything else, it looks pretty dumb. DBM manages to portray it as a churning maelstrom of barely-contained power, giving the form much more 'oomph'.
- To a lesser extent, the special themselves. While chapter 14, 16 and especially 18 have been panned by pretty much everyone (as you can see below), the next special, despite being even longer than all of them, as it lasted for two chapters, was received well enough for most readers to be again interested in them. The Universe 7 special was well-received too, as was the special showcasing Future Goku's last battle.
- Silent Majority: Non-posting readers.
- The Scrappy: Despite the above rescue, Pan, Both of them, mainly due to the sour taste Dragon Ball GT left in many fans' mouths... despite both Pan's being not similar to the one from GT at all.
- Universe 16 Bra, for being a Black Hole Sue and Creator's Pet. As of her majinization and the subsequent revelation that she's been Evil All Along, she's now also a Villain Sue.
- Chapter 14 has basically turned into a giant Scrappy Chapter.
- So has Chapter 16. And 18. It seems most of the special chapters will become this.
- Chapter 18, especially. Due to its off-model nature, being almost a rehash of the Cell chapter, and adding plotholes.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Many, most notably Vegetto vs. Broly (the fight that opens the comic).
- Unfortunate Implications: In a minicomic filler, the author decided to include race-based humor.
- For those who find the joke offensive, they don't seem to understand the intentions behind the joke.
- For those who don't find it offensive, they don't seem to understand why some find it offensive.
- Vocal Minority: Among DBM fans, there are a few "regulars" who post more or less every page.
- What an Idiot!: The Vargas who decided not to bother sending Broly back to his universe after the Broly vs. Vegetto fight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.