|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Pan helping Goku get himself under control when he was a Golden Great Ape, allowing him to achieve the power of Super Saiyan 4 and turn the tables on Baby Vegeta.
- The Funimation version of Grandma Pan's exchange with Puck in the series finale.
Puck: "You're related to Mr. Satan, the world's hero? And you're related to Goku too?"
Pan: "Yep. I've got more crazy relatives than I'll ever know what to do with... and they're all heroes."
- The closing lines of GT and, for a long time, the entire Dragon Ball franchise (until Super began) are played over the full-size, original arrangement of the opening theme, "Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku", which had bits and pieces of it rearranged and used throughout the series in its incidental music, while the visuals show a recap of Goku's story starting from the Bardock - The Father of Goku TV special and the first episode of Dragon Ball that aired all the way back in 1986:
Narrator: "There was never a dull moment with you around, Goku. You were always goofy, carefree..."
Narrator: "...and kind. You truly are the Son Goku we all love!" (beat) "And thus the story of Dragon Ball comes to an end..."
- Here's the ending narration as it appeared in the Funimation dub:
Narrator: "With the Earth finally at peace, Goku, the savior of the planet, takes his leave to await the day when he is needed once again. He was always friendly and cheerful, a true gentleman and a loving father." (beat) "And now we end the story of the Dragon Balls, with the hope that the Earth never again sees the kind of darkness that brought it close to extinction so many times. But if that day comes, there is one who will step out of the shadows and fight for all that is good and true!"
Goku: (cheerfully) "Until we meet again, guys!"
- And here's the narration from the Blue Water dub:
Narrator: "It all started a long time ago with the birth of a special Saiyan boy, and that boy would grow up to become Earth's greatest hero."
Goku: (laughs) "See ya!"
Narrator: "Goodbye, Goku." (beat) "It was Goku's selflessness and compassion for others for which he will be remembered, but it was his relentless pursuit for fairness and unfazed determination to eradicate evil from our world that turned him into the hero we all know and love. His legacy will no doubt generate myths for centuries to come. But maybe, just maybe, one day in a distant land, someone will again have the need to search out the Dragon Balls..."
- The song that plays in the Latin American Spanish dub at the end of the series, Mi Corazón Encantado, is incredibly sweet. It's a nostalgia trip all the way through, as it's basically an anthem to all the wonderful memories you had as a child, and a loving send-off to one of our childhood heroes.