|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
In comparison with the other two Dragon Ball films, American Dragon Ball Evolution and Chinese Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins, this movie is by far the most faithful to Akira Toriyama's story, and the one that received the highest ratings in the Movie Database (5.0, against 3.1 of DBE and 3.8 of DBTMB).
Also, since this movie is impossible to get, you might have to resort to piracy to see it. It can easily found on a Google or YouTube search.
- Anime Hair: Just look at the picture!
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Puar is portrayed as one in the movie (See below)
- Off-the-Shelf FX: The Dragon Radar's a customized Game & Watch and Puar's a simple plush toy of the character.
- People in Rubber Suits - Since there was no way to make an pterodactyl or a bear, they had to use guys in an pterodactyl armor and a bear in armor respectively.
- This is also true for all the other characters. Which is awesome, since they resemble a lot the characters from the Manga.
- Pragmatic Adaptation - It's a movie about Dragon Ball, so a lot of things were left out.
- Nappa from Dragonball Z appears.
- Shout-Out: In Bulma's capsule house, the very first episode of Dragon Ball is seen on TV.
- ↑ it literally means "Fight son Goku, Win Son Goku" which is a cheer, so we used a more localized title