The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Cliché Storm: There's an eclipse, an apocalyptic showdown, ancient sealed powers, an ordinary high school student, a Chosen One prophecy, and a tragically dead parent figure. But eclipse, ordinary high school student, and prophecy aside, this isn't the fault of the adaptation; just about all of the rest is present in the original anime and manga. Then again, the anime didn't attempt to squeeze "all of the rest" in at once.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The aforementioned unchangeable "Saiyan Hair" reasserting itself after Goku tries to slick it back with gel.
- Master Roshi hops onto the motorcycle behind Bulma. A second later, she points her gun at his head and orders him to get his hands away from her or she'll fire.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Naturally, it did well in Asia (outside of Japan where it lost to Yatterman), going number one early on before dropping off. It should be noted that it was number one for several weeks at Asian box offices, and while the reception was mixed it is still rather popular and well-liked outside the US.
- Ham and Cheese: James Marsters as Piccolo and Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi were awesome casting choices.
- Memetic Loser: Chatwin!Goku of all of the main casts is a frequent subject of mockery/abuse in memes and fanarts, such as being beaten up by the original Son Goku, or frightening Son Gohan.
- The Scrappy: Chatwin!Goku, as usual.
- So Bad It's Good: Your mileage may vary, but most of the reactions were negative, even from those who never saw the animated series. That said, it can be enjoyable. A small minority think it was a decent film in its own right. And as stated above, alot of people in Asia love the film.
- Special Effect Failure: See what Goku's head collided with when grandpa Gohan knocked him off. Sure, he was falling pretty fast, but melons shouldn't be THAT soft, should they? Also in the previous scene, one of Goku's kick didn't even touch his granpda. Force Kick in effect? The 2 consecutive failures can be seen in one video.
- There's also that one scene with Goku and Piccolo in a Ki blast struggle... that ends with Goku shooting himself towards Piccolo with no propulsion whatsoever and in the same Kamehameha firing pose.
- There's also a bad case of Styrofoam Rocks towards the end of the movie. You'll know it when you see it.
- And let's not get started with either the obviously fake ape suit substituting for Oozaru or the wretched CG used throughout.
- They Just Didn't Care: Though, at least one person cared. According to the script-writer, his original script was a much more faithful adaptation of the original, complete with Pilaf and his gang, Oolong, Pu'ar, the Nimbus, etc. Unfortunately, the script was changed a lot once it was out of his hands. To the point where he felt the need to issue the above-linked apology for the final product.
- WTH? Casting Agency: Ernie Hudson as movie exclusive character Sifu Norris.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.