|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"The world is a mess, and I just...need to rule it."
- Adorkable: He can't talk to girls, he thinks that Captain Hammer and Penny are "probably going to French kiss or something" and is played by Neil Patrick Harris.
- Affably Evil
- Badass Bookworm
- Even Evil Has Standards: Especially at first.
- From Nobody to Nightmare
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Or Slowly Slipping Into Evil in this case over the course of the musical.
- Love Makes You Evil: in a strange sort of way because Penny was also his Morality Pet.
- Mad Scientist
- Never Hurt an Innocent
- Sanity Slippage
- Stalker with a Crush: To Penny.
- Stepford Smiler: After Penny dies.
- Sympathetic POV
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Personally against murder, which he sees as beneath him--or at least, would like to.
- It seems to be implied that the real reason he won't kill is because he knows it's wrong, but he doesn't want to admit that, so makes up an excuse about it not being "elegant or creative" enough.
- Villain Protagonist
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
"Everyone's a hero in their own way/You and you, and mostly me, and you."
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Despite being a self-proclaimed hero, he is quite the Jerkass.
- Dumb Is Good: Advocates anti-intellectualism, telling kids that any kid who's either a nerd or "different" in some way is a potential supervillain who must be put behind bars.
- Dumb Muscle
- Fake Ultimate Hero
- Handsome Lech
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?: "So I thank my girlfriend Penny (yeah, we totally had sex)/She showed me there's so many/Different muscles I can flex..."
- Hero Antagonist
- Heteronormative Crusader
- Jerkass With Good Publicity
- Jerk Jock
- Kick the Dog: He dates and sleeps with Penny just to spite Billy.
- Made of Iron
- Meaningful Name: The hammer is his penis.
- Miles Gloriosus: He's only brave and bold because he's invulnerable to damage. The first time he gets hurt he literally runs screaming like a little girl and spends months in therapy over it.
- Politically Incorrect Hero Antagonist: "I hate the homeless...ness problem".
- Really Gets Around: Has never slept with the same woman twice.
- Though it's more implied that it's because no woman would ever want to a second time.
- It also could be that he was the type of jerk who'd have no use for a woman once he'd slept with her, and just somehow seems to think Penny is different.
- He just sees his relationship with her as a way to torment Billy.
- Science Is Bad: In the spinoff comic, he demands that children report nerds to the police.
- Smug Super
"Even in the darkness/Every color can be found..."
- Heroes Want Redheads
- The Ingenue
- Killed Off for Real
- Love Martyr
- Morality Chain: For Dr. Horrible.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
"Look at me, man. I'm Moist. At my most badass, I make people feel like they want to take a shower."
- Anti-Villain: To some extent, though he seems to have less of a problem than Billy when it comes to killing someone.
- The Dragon: Sorta.
- Blessed with Suck: His "Power" is merely that he's perpetually
- Minion with an F In Evil: Played with, given that his boss is actually worse at the whole evil gig.
- Misapplied Phlebotinum: His condition is due to a plutonium-powered air moistener that his father got to fix his dry skin.
"There will be blood, it might be yours/So go kill someone/Signed, Bad Horse"
- Animal Supervillain
- Big Bad
- Cool Horse
- The Unintelligible - Subverted. Speaks only in horse sounds for most of the ELE comic, with Jefferson claiming that Bad Horse was appointing him "vice president." Subverted at the very end when Bad Horse speaks English.
Evil League of Evil leaders
- Professor Normal: A cyborg with a super strong robotic arm and jaw attachment. Otherwise, he's a normal person with a wife, kids, and a mortgage, hence his name.
- Tie-Die: A hippy-themed supervillainess able to make hippies violent and angry.
- Dead Bowie: A David Bowie-inspired supervillain with the power of persuasion. Claims to be the real David Bowie who was murdered in 1980 and that every other appearance by Bowie afterward was an impostor.
- Fury Leika: Her name is a pun off of "Hell hath no fury like a Woman Scorned." She was left at the altar and then pooped on by a radioactive dove. She gained poisonous flowers, incendiary rice, a ball and chain around her ankle, and four henchwomen each carrying something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.
- Fake Thomas Jefferson: Claims to be the real Thomas Jefferson, though that is unlikely unless Thomas Jefferson had Super Strength. Also carries a quill pen tipped with tranquilizer. Doesn't like to have lots of stuff in his pockets.
- Snake Bite: A supervillainess with a cobra-themed costume. Carries a staff topped by a mini disco ball. Did not appear in the "Evil League of Evil" comic with the other ELE leaders.
- Hourglass: A villainess who is able to see the future. Tells Moist about a kid who will become President. An unseen character.
- Bait and Switch: A pair of villains who Moist goes on a double date with. Somehow able to fool him into thinking he was dating Bait instead of Switch. Bait is apparently the more attractive of the two.
- Conflict Diamond: A villain friend of Dr. Horrible and Moist. Went on the double date with Moist, Bait, and Switch.
- Pink Pummeler: A homophobic villain with Super Strength, Gaydar, and a superhuman knowledge of Broadway show tunes. Repeatedly rejected by the ELE due to his tendency to date rather than beat up his victims.
- Purple Pimp: A supervillain who appears at the party for Dr. Horrible's induction into the ELE.
- Johnny Snow: An amateur hero not affiliated with the Council of Champions. He wears a parka and carries an Ice Beam. He is mentioned in Act I and appears in the ELE comics, where he foils a plot by the ELE to poison the city's water supply by freezing it. The villains are impressed and mistake him for a supervillain.
- James Flames: A potbellied superhero with pyrokinetic powers. His Catch Phrase is "M'name's James and I have the power of flames." Wears a singed T-shirt and pink overalls. He thaws the water supply after Johnny Snow freezes it.
- Wingspan: A member of the Council of Champions, along with Captain Hammer. Works in a command center in the sky. He, along with the rest of the Council, foolishly leaves the city for a retreat, allowing the ELE to wreak havoc. Appears briefly in the ELE comic.
- Elementia: A blue-skinned superheroine and a member of the Council of Champions. Works in a command center with a waterfall and apparently has some kind of Elemental Powers. Apparently has no problem sitting naked in a sauna with men.