|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A variant of Xtreme Kool Letterz, seen used in both work titles and in names.
The letter X is already fascinating and cool, so double the X, double the awesomeness! Right? Much like Xtreme Kool Letterz, it's often meant to evoke badassery, or lend the show an air of youthful hipness and coolness.
How exactly are you supposed to pronounce this is usually unclear.
- The Most Interesting Man In The World doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis (). Stay thirsty, my friends.
- The German movie Der Wixxer.
- The Taxxons from Animorphs.
- When Max Barry wrote the book Syrup, he authored it under a byline of "Maxx Barry". When he wrote Jennifer Government, he considered making it 3 Xs before settling back on 1.
- The Star Wars Expanded Universe gives us a character with the alias Teh Roxxor.
- The spaceship Lexx, from a series of the same name.
- German game show GoXX.
- The German show Reläxx.
- The main character (and host) of Double the Fist, Steve Foxx.
- In one episode of How I Met Your Mother, a fake magazine (featuring women bodybuilders) called Muscle Sexxy is mentioned.
- Tower Bloxx
- Boxxle, a Sokoban game on the original Game Boy.
- Vexx, a Platform Game.
- Rumble Roses XX. If there ever were a third game, which there probably won't, perhaps it would have been called XXX.
- Akumajō Dracula XX, the Japanese title of the SNES game Castlevania: Dracula X.
- Haxx, a character from Extreme Dinosaurs.
- The company Blaxxun (originally spelled "Black Sun").
- Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Minolta Maxxum cameras (now Sony Alpha).
- Redd Foxx (real name: John Elroy Sanford)
- As a tribute to Redd Foxx, actor/comedian/singer Jamie Foxx (real name: Eric Marlon Bishop)
- XXX-rated movies. This is really just a marketing gimmick, implying "X" is dirty. (Even if a lot of legitimate films were rated X.) And that "XXX" is three times dirtier.
- ↑ from Spanish, literally, 'two X'