The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Bad Export for You - The American version of the third arcade game added item shops where the player could purchase new characters, weapons, and new moves by inserting more tokens into the cabinet. In the Japanese version, the non-Lee characters are selectable from the start, weapons are simply found on the ground, and the special moves are available from the get-go. The only trade-offs are the fact that the Hurricane Kick is harder to pull, and there's no way to increase one's max health and attack speed like in the American version.
- Super Double Dragon is based on an earlier build of the game compared to its Japanese counterpart (Return of Double Dragon). Thus it's missing a few moves (such as the ability to catch your boomerangs during its return or change between moves), the Options menu, a few tunes, and the last two levels of the final stage.
- Fan Nickname - The final boss in the first game is nicknamed "Machine Gun Willy", for obvious reasons. This also serves to avoid confusion with this game's run of the mill Mooks, Williams.
- Hey, It's That Voice! - In the PC Engine version of II, Billy and Jimmy were voiced by Ryo Horikawa and Nobutoshi Canna, who also the voiced Kunio and Riki respectively in the PC Engine versions of the Downtown Nekketsu games. In the Neo-Geo game, Billy and Jimmy were voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa and Kaneto Shiozawa. Also, Marian in the Neo-Geo version is voiced by Yuko Koyama, who is the voice of Helena Douglas. Likewise, both Abobo and Burnov are voiced by the late Daisuke Gouri.
- Port Overdosed: Exceptionally so. Almost every home computer of the 80s got a version and the arcade version has been re-released numerous times, even for cell phones.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.