The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- 1 The main five
- 2 Friends and Relative
- 3 The Doraemons
- 4 Movie's Character 1980-1985
- 5 Movie's Character 1986-1990
- 6 Movie's Character 1991-1995
- 7 Movie's Character 1996-2000
- 8 Movie's Character 2000-2005
- 9 Movie's Character 2006-2010
- 10 Movie's Character 2011-Present
- 11 Character from the Doraemons
The main five
- Berserk Button/ I Am Not Weasel: Don't call him a raccoon/tanuki.
- Butt Monkey: Almost around Nobita's level, in fact.
- The Ditz: Due to a problem during his production, he ended up the clumsiest of his kind, and will rarely get anything done when he's nervous.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Often serves as this to Nobita.
- The Lancer
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Robot Buddy: The Trope Codifier in Japan.
- Took a Level In Jerkass: In later chapters. Although his attitude isn't as bad as the other boys...
- Trademark Favorite Food: Dorayaki.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is really afraid of mice, because a mouse bit his ears off when he was young.
- Alliterative Name
- Book Dumb: Despite his bad grades, he managed to be intelligent sometimes. Though it was mostly when trying to outsmart Doraemon to get his hands on the gadget of the week.
- One time, he tied a string to one of Doraemon's tools, so that he can pull it out of his pocket.
- Butt Monkey
- Flanderization: His Jerkass tendencies and idiocy, especially in the spinoff material.
- Friend to All Living Things: Animals love him, except the dog that constantly bites him on the streets.
- Good Is Dumb
- Guns Akimbo
- The Hero
- Improbable Aiming Skills: He can shoot anything, too bad that it's one of the few things he is good at.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Landing in Shizuka's Bathtub: With Everywhere's Door, becoming a Running Gag.
- The Messiah: Will be this whenever he's having a Pet the Dog moment.
- This Loser Is You: Pretty much the entire point of the series.
- Who's Laughing Now?: Nobita has a disturbing frequent tendency to get vengeful and downringht vindictive when he finally gets to get back at the people who bully him all the time.
- Censor Steam: Whenever she takes a bath.
- Characterization Marches On: In the start of the story, Shizuka mostly laugh at Nobita. In the present? No longer/
- Dreadful Violinist: Perhaps her only flaw.
- Apart from spending too much time in bath that's it.
- Girl Next Door
- Housewife: In the future.
- Ms. Fanservice: Disturbingly enough, considering she's only 10...
- Official Couple: With Nobita, yes, they proved it with Time Travel.
- Panty Shot
- The Chick
Takeshi Goda aka Giant
- Big Brother Instinct: Don't mess around with his sister.
- And he will be the first to stand up for his friends and helpless innocents, especially in the movie-specials.
- Big Eater
- Dreadful Musician: Giant has such a horrendus singing voice that it can be weaponized.
- Fat Bastard
- Honor Before Reason: Giant respects bravery and loyalty above all else, and will stick by those live by these principles even in the face of certain death.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is normally a bully (especially to Nobita) but he wouldn't hesitate to help his friends when they're in real danger (and even considers Nobita as his friend). In fact, he's been shown to play wrestling with Nobita and Suneo, and none of them were injured. So, yeah, he can play nice if he wants to.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: To Jaiko.
- Lethal Chef
- Real Men Wear Pink: Meet Takeshi Goda, the toughest kid in the neighborhood. His hobbies include singing about shat and cooking shat.
- Red Baron: His real name is actually Takeshi.
- Spell My Name with an "S": So is it Giant, Gian, Jaian, or Jayen?
- Ted Baxter: He has an over-inflated view of his cooking and singing skills.
- The Big Guy
- Consummate Liar
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Momma's Boy
- The Napoleon
- Potty Failure: Still a bedwetter.
- Professional Butt-Kisser
- Small Name, Big Ego: Unironically thinks that he is good-looking, despite being the exact opposite.
- The Smart Guy
- Smug Snake
- Spoiled Brat
- Spoiled Sweet: When he's not being a jerk. Even if he's spoiled, at least he's kind to his parents, and sometimes can be nice to Nobita, and the only reason he bullies him is because is forced by Gian.
Friends and Relative
Mrs. and Mr. Minamoto
- Education Mama: Applies to all main character's mother but mostly to Shizuka's.
Mrs. and Mr. Honekawa
- Dotting Parent
- Rich Bitch: Suneo's mother, who tend to shows off her jewelry to other three housewives/
Mrs. and Mr. Goda
- The Ace: She succeeded and perfected anything that Doraemon could do.
- Temporary Substitute: When Doraemon is out.
- The Sixth Ranger
- Tsundere: Her type A gets cranked up in a spinoff manga featuring her Jerk with a Heart of Gold boyfriend, Dora the Kid.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's scared of cockroaches.
- The Ace: Smart, athletic, and also a Chick Magnet. Despite that, he never show off about it.
- Butt Monkey: He's already an extra, but the recent movies had a camera on him just to show him getting knocked out or scared by something.
- Deliberately Good Example: His appearance seems to be used to show how much of a loser Nobita is. It doesn't help that they both have similar character design.
- Meaningful Name: "Dekisugi" literally means "overachiever".
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest in the series.
- The Sixth Ranger: sometimes.
- Unknown Rival: Nobita despises him because Shizuka always prefer to hang out with him. Despite that, he was never aware of it.
- Ascended Extra: Was created as a foil of Shizuka and to show how miserable Nobita's life will become, but she gets more characterizations over time.
- Morality Pet: Of her brother Giant.
Dora the Kid
Movie's Character 1980-1985
Movie's Character 1986-1990
Movie's Character 1991-1995
Movie's Character 1996-2000
Movie's Character 2000-2005
Movie's Character 2006-2010
Movie's Character 2011-Present
Character from the Doraemons
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.